Cairns????

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, does anyone have any info or local knowledge on Cairns and the best riding spots and also if you're able to hire a bike up there anywhere.
I've got a family trip up there in July and I'm not able to take my bike (Grrrrrr). I'm from Sydney and have never been up there before so any info would be good.
Cheers

Ty

Eats Squid
Dom, Ryan and Tasha are all ex cairns people but the best person to ask would be Glen, try and PM him (name: jake) and he should be able to give you all the low down on whats happening in cairns (he did build just about every track there)

DOM

Eats Squid
Cairns

www.cairnsmtb.com

Post a message on tha Board ... Gordon or Glen will reply and theyll sort you out. Great bunch of guys up there... and some of the best riding in the world.

Send Jake a Private message .. or yeah post up on the cairnsmtb website.

tell them farkin.net sent ya !

Icks

Likes Bikes
cairns

cairns has a shit load of tracks, being from cairns myself ive done probly all of em.

if u want dh tracks:

waddlebla
slippery's
stinkys
boi boi
crystals

all these are on coperlode dam road, the highest is crystals i think which goes from somewhere near the top about 20 mins drive approx. none of em are marked so ull have to get someone to show u them.

then you got

kuranda which goes off the kuranda range, good for lots of runs as one run from the top to the bottom then top again is bout 20 mins, at a moderate pass, with a driver and car obviously.

then u got robson's
which goes from the gillie's range, about 40 mins for a loop.

then u got a few smaller tracks that u can walk up.

marino's
agent orange
and ccc track

marino's is off resovoir road, as is ccc, and agent orange is long way up redlynch, most are more freeride tracks with jumps, and a bit of north shore here and there.

then u got the smithfield tracks eg, the 96 worlds track, and a few new ones we are currently building. most of em are closed off at the moment, due to some parks and wildlifes agreement.

if u want xc i cant really help but theres a heap of xc tracks at smithfield.

dirtjump scene is lacking a bit, most of em are gay tabletops that the council built. without giving away all the hidden jumps, its propbly best to goto marinos.

theres probly moe that i forgot to mention, if u want directions goto one of the bike shops in town, edge cycles, trinity cycles, bikeman, pump n pedals and they should be able to give u directions

have fun

Ty

Eats Squid
my fav tracks are still the bump track and ho chi min, i know they arn't exactly in cairns but damn i like the 20+ minute downhill trails that you can shuttle easily, kuranda and robsons fall into that aswell.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i went up to cairns during the summer holidays
for non biking holiday
i wanted to the same thing your looking at doing
basically i found that theres no one
that hires any bike that we would consider rideable
(ie actually survive a quick offroad excursion)

the only thing i found i dont actually remeber the guys name
but he runs mountain bike tours with
Norco bigfoot bikes, hes a cool guy and he can take to show you some of the tracks
its called
(insert guys name here) mountain bike tours

ask at any of the bike shops they should point you to the guy if youre interested

hope that helped