Camelbak advice needed....tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wombat

Lives in a hole
As per usual I'm leaving things to the last minute, so I'm hoping someone reading this has been using a Camelbak Lobo. I'm going to get one (tommorrow) and I'm tossing up between the Lobo and the MULE. I'm leaning towards the lobo as I really don't need a 3L bladder for the sort of riding I'm usually doing, but I'm a little worried about storage capacity. It's really important that I can fir my digi cam in (preferrably in it's little bag). It's just a basic Canon Powershot thing, so it's not that compact, think of it as about the size of your typical 35mm point and shoot, or the same size as an IRC DH tube box (that's the camera+bag).

So, will it fit in the Lobo, or is the MULE worth it?

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
i have not used either of those two. but i would go for the larger as you dont have to fill the blader and it will leave space for the other things you might want to take at a later date.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
mule man, there the best, i can hold my polertec jacket in the entendable pocket (at the jackets r fuckin huge), + i also use it to carry me vid cam, lunch and a repair kit so, thats alot of room, lobos dont have enough. so go for the mule

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I have an old mule. And love it even though its getting extremly crusty. With the two straps it doesnt move much either.

If you are just going to be carrying the camera and a few other bits and pieces then the Lobo will be more than enough (read: it has more gear space, even with a full bladder, than it looks).

If you want the option of carrying lots of extra gear, inc. rain jacket, tools, tubes, etc. then it would be better to step up to the M.U.L.E.

That's the exact advice i used to give customers (used to work in outdoor retail - just adding some credibility to my opinions).
Personally i have a CloudWalker with is great for carrying more gear but is more hiking than MTB oriented. Personally if i was going to buy another (no reason as this one just keeps on keeping on) i'd look at the Blowfish for it's adjustability (expandable gusset), but you won't be carrying enough gear to warrant that.

And a quick tip for you all... in order to stop the inevitable buildup of nasties if you don't clean the bladder often... try keeping the bladder, with a little bit of water at the bottom, in the freezer. Hey presto... no bacteria buildup and an instant iceblock when you next ride. :wink: the tricks of the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.