Camelbak Leaking

Exie

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Gripe of the day, my camelbak has started leaking. I've got the Mule, its less than 6 months old and I have looked after the bladder as best as I can, but at the bottom, there's a new swanky connection for the tube. This connection leaks and just drips and drips.
camelbak_flow_meter_2.jpg
What do I do ?

I tried wrapping the tube with plumbers tape, but didnt help. Is this a known/common problem ?

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
Or get a Source bladder. They are awesome. Sometimes sold rebranded by Kathmandu which means you can pick up a bargain at one of their 90% off sales (exaggeration, but not by much)

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hey guys,

Gripe of the day, my camelbak has started leaking. I've got the Mule, its less than 6 months old and I have looked after the bladder as best as I can, but at the bottom, there's a new swanky connection for the tube. This connection leaks and just drips and drips.
View attachment 223877
What do I do ?

I tried wrapping the tube with plumbers tape, but didnt help. Is this a known/common problem ?
Plumbers tape will not work (its designed to seal threads) and may just make a bigger problem.

Sounds like the "o" ring has been nicked or has insufficient tension to seal. Try replacing it.

At 6 months should be under warrantee.

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
Plumbers tape will not work (its designed to seal threads) and may just make a bigger problem.

Sounds like the "o" ring has been nicked or has insufficient tension to seal. Try replacing it.

At 6 months should be under warrantee.
Ya warranty it.
The bags are lifetime, im sure the bladders are at least 12 months.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even out of warranty SOLA replaced a 2yr old bladder that developed a split for one of our customers. Only bladders that come close are Ospreys Nalgenes

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Mine was doing the same thing, check the seal is even around the tube, if it is off a bit it will leak, also a lick of spit when connecting has helped as well, otherwise warranty time.

Colydog

Cannon Fodder
I have had mine less then a month and it has the same problem. The leake isn't from were i thought it was tho. The quick conect seals fine. But the bottom half, were it mounts to the bladder is sloppy. I'm going to send mine back under warrantee.