camera's and software?

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay guys i have been wonting to get into photography and videoing over the past few months and have been wondering what camera's, video camera's and editing software people are using. i probably wont get into it at this stage because im out of funds but am still intrested in what guys are using and what equipment with it? also tells us how much the stuf is if you know it off the top of your head.

thanks louie. :)

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Well mate theres a lot of stuff.
Some who do both photos and videos.
The canon 7D is a really good camera for both.

Other equipment includes wireless flashs, tripods/monopods and even dollys and cable cams.
Then there is heaps of different lens.

Spokes

Squid
The best cameras you can get are Cannon, they never let you down. And for editing software if you you use a Macintosh iMovie is perfect, but if not just use windows movie maker. If you want a really good program use Corel VideoStudio Pro, but that will cost $60 or so..

Hope this helps!

Spokes.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
What's your budget for the whole shabang, camera, software, tripod, accessories, etc. ?
I could quickly whip something together for you based on your budget. I'm also guessing you're a beginner?

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
What's your budget for the whole shabang, camera, software, tripod, accessories, etc. ?
I could quickly whip something together for you based on your budget. I'm also guessing you're a beginner?
Wanna do that for me?
I have a canon 500D with stock 18-55 and 55-200 lens.
I have an incredibly shit tripod.

Say $500, what would be the first/best things to get?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Assuming you're using the HD Movie functions on a DSLR, you're going to need more than $500 for anything that will do full HD in addition to memory cards, tripods and all the associated paraphernalia.

An Australian Stock Canon 500D with 18-55 IS lens will put you back $896 as per here. You can hunt eBay and the likes for imports but they will not be supported in Australia under Canon - something to keep in mind.