Camping and mountain biking around Brisbane

Garto

Likes Bikes
Ahoy hoy,
I'm looking at going camping with my young bloke with the primary objective of also shredding. The ideal situation is bush camping with a shower and toilet near by, the trailhead a short ride away and a nice beach just a small walk away. That's alot to ask for so the beach is the cherry on top but I am after some nice camping close by trails we can hit for a night or two. Happy for a good few hours travel around Brisbane and down into northern NSW..

Where do you recommend?

Cheers
Garto

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Where are you located?

In Brisbane, you can camp at Samford Scouts with facilities and food etc. nearby and Ironbark Gully being about a km away (up a sizeable hill) or 5km away on flat quiet roads and bike path. No beach. Bunyaville isn't too far away.

Tewantin (Wooroi) sounds perfect for you, near Noosa. There is a commercial camp ground right nearby and sweet trails. Yes beach.

Nerang has camping options around but is steep and rough for a young fella and a fair drive from the beach.

Not sure if Old Hidden Vale mountain bike park offer the bush cabin or camping option at the moment but you could enquire. No beach. Yes snakes and camels.

Garto

Likes Bikes
Where are you located?

In Brisbane, you can camp at Samford Scouts with facilities and food etc. nearby and Ironbark Gully being about a km away (up a sizeable hill) or 5km away on flat quiet roads and bike path. No beach. Bunyaville isn't too far away.

Tewantin (Wooroi) sounds perfect for you, near Noosa. There is a commercial camp ground right nearby and sweet trails. Yes beach.

Nerang has camping options around but is steep and rough for a young fella and a fair drive from the beach.

Not sure if Old Hidden Vale mountain bike park offer the bush cabin or camping option at the moment but you could enquire. No beach. Yes snakes and camels.
You had me at camels
I'm in Brisbane mate.
The Tewantin and old hidden vale options sound great, thanks for the suggestions I'll start researching!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Pretty sure you can also camp at Mt Joyce? No vehicle access to camp/trails though so it's a park at the dam wall and carry your stuff into the bush type affair.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Pretty sure you can also camp at Mt Joyce? No vehicle access to camp/trails though so it's a park at the dam wall and carry your stuff into the bush type affair.
Big climb though for a young lad and I'm not sure of the state of the trails there nowadays - anyone been lately?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Big climb though for a young lad and I'm not sure of the state of the trails there nowadays - anyone been lately?
Most of the trails have been repaired just recently, I could be wrong but I thought they canned camping there a few years back.

You've got Kooralybyn trails too and camp at the scenic rim adventure park.

There was a camp site somewhere just past Hiddenvale heading west that was kept on the lowdown, used to drive past it all the time and always full of campers.

Garto

Likes Bikes
The park. I'm not aware there is camping there. Only the hotel.
I was just checking their Facebook, it all looks like it's open and they are having the round three of the seq downhill there. Unless we are talking about different things?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I was just checking their Facebook, it all looks like it's open and they are having the round three of the seq downhill there. Unless we are talking about different things?
Might be best to message Andrew via the FB page mate. I know they are opening for events but wasn't sure the park was open to the public inbetween.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It was supposed to be open a week after the 5th of March but I don't know if the rain has changed that. I had a look on Strava and a few people rode over the weekend, whether it's open or not is another story.