Camping on a beach ??

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone

My mates and i have been thinking that during the next holidays, we'd like to go camping on a beach somewhere (in NSW). We've been thinking seven mile beach. Does anyone have any other suggestions ??

We'd like to have toilets and showers (the only way we'll get some girl to come haha)
And car access.

Also, with 7 mile beach, can you camp on the beach itself, or do you have to camp on the camping grounds ??

Thanks heaps guys

Marty
_________

addmin

Likes Dirt
south west rocks... if you cant get the beach front camping then ask for the overflow area... right on the breakwater.....

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Stockton beach is a great place to camp, but its BYO water, toilets and all onto the beach. The sand can be very soft and hard to get through in some parts and watch for holes in the sand dunes. Have had to pull many a person out of them who didnt quite see a big hole in time

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Ive always camped on stockton beach. Realy nice place but not sure about toilets
Is that friendly for having fires etc on the beach, only ask cuz we'll wanna cook food and cbf taking the barbe

south west rocks... if you cant get the beach front camping then ask for the overflow area... right on the breakwater.....
Unfortunately i think southwest rocks is a bit far :( it looks pretty sweet to, gotta go a couple years in a row i think lol, explore all these places

Doggy

Inconceivable!
fires are fine on there, just get your 4wd permit and you are sweet. Can get pretty damn windy camping there though so it does pay to have a good tarp setup or similar, fark all shade around as well...being a beach and all and no trees in the dunes

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
7 Mile Beach wouldn't be the best beach plus I don't think you can camp there.

Keep Searching, Good Luck
I dont think you can camp on the beach itself, but theres camp sites just behind, and we'd setup out there and sleep on the beach lol ;)

But why you reckon it wouldnt be the best spot ??

Doggy, stockton is lookin the moneys right now lol, it looks pretty fun aye, are those dunes massive ? could be fun boarding down em :D

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Just remember if you do drive on the soft sand:

Let tyres down significantly and go slowly!!! otherwise you will get bogged down....

My 2c

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Thanks fixie, unfortunately, we wont be allowed to use my mates parents 4x4 so that kinda rules stockton out :( maybe next time we can get a bit more adventureous

Battler

Likes Dirt
Just recently did a trip similar to what it think your intending on doing.

Me and a few friends went up to Booni Booni National Park Camping ground about 30 min south of Foster. Its a 30 metre (no exaggeration) walk from the camping ground to on the beach so your practically on it. It has BBQ's supplied toilets and showers. Perfect for the the girls who insist on the luxury's of life so you wont have them complaining.

There are also shops near buy for supplies as well as grog joints and you get a 2 - 3 road trip out of it which is also fun.

General costing is about $15 a night which is cheap if you consider the facilities and location. Great spot would recommend it highly, hoping to do another trip this summer. Its also a beach away from the Renowned boomerang beach (5 min car trip).

My suggestion head up there you ll have a good time.

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Thanks battler, we're checking it out now. It looks heaps good, just got to convince the others to fork out $14 a night.

Still looking for places to stay if anyone has any idea i'd love to hear it, thanks :)