Can America be fixed?

safreek

IMO it's never been about right to life, just subjugating women and ensuring they remain second class citizens so the good god fearing white MAN will forever hold the strings.

Only good thing to come out of this is it should be a lightning rod for all the disaffected progressives over there coming into the mid-terms to redouble their efforts and fight for everything they stand for. If they don't they're f***ed.
Nothing like ensuring the poor stay poor. 600 bucks for an abortion pill says baby stays.

I'll take a punt the rich will get a better deal with the courts than the poor and minority when it comes to prosecution for use of the carried guns.
Officer: why did you shoot him ?

Indian: because he shot at me first and I defended myself.

Officer: sorry for the inconvenience, you can go home now.

HAAAA HAAAA HAAA yeah right.
Go team USA

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'll take a punt the rich will get a better deal with the courts than the poor and minority when it comes to prosecution for use of the carried guns.
Watching the footage of Rittenhouse getting waved through a roadblock by cops while carrying an AR-15 away from the scene of a shooting says it all. If he was black he'd have been dropped.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
IMO it's never been about right to life, just subjugating women and ensuring they remain second class citizens so the good god fearing white MAN will forever hold the strings.
This is a great take. I’m sure its spot on. Weird/ironic thing is, it took the appointment of a woman (Amy Coney) to get this shit across the line.

I find the timing of the two recent rulings interesting. First we have the federal court saying “NY can’t be trusted to inpliment gun laws so we’ll come in over the top and correct things’. Then you have the federal court saying ‘Roe vs Wade was an over reach by previous fed supreme court and states should be able to make their own laws because they know best’.

At first it seems weird but then i realised in this post-trump, narrative-logic-can-get-fucked-as long-as-action-matches-my-world-view era, no two stories need to correlate. Furthermore, it seems like this is the Supreme Court taking the opportunity to first remind states they can AND WILL overide them if they want to. Then they drop the abortion bomb knowing that they have already warned the states not to stray too far from their ruling.

My only conclusion from all this is to answer the OP once and for good - no, America cannot be fixed. It’s just a question now of how fucked it will get. Things are bad enough right now but it’s looking like slavery is not out of the question with the current trajectory.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Weird/ironic thing is, it took the appointment of a woman (Amy Coney) to get this shit across the line.

Things are bad enough right now but it’s looking like slavery is not out of the question with the current trajectory.
Amy Coney Barrett is an appallingly underqualified hack who was given the role because she'd do whatever the f*** she was told. Hence the jubilation from conservatives when she got the gig.

Absolute pos Clarence Thomas (the same bloke who not only failed to recuse himself from the January 6 investigations due to his wife being actively involved in sedition but also tried to block the SC from investigating it) has offered the following brain fart:

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,”

For those playing along at home:
Griswold: a married couple's right to use contraception without Government interference (passed in 1965)
Lawrence: states cannot illegalise sodomy (only passed in 2003)
Obergefell: marriage equality (2015)

Absolutely fucking cooked.

I still reckon they're overreaching though, and if they keep on the current trajectory there'll be a reckoning for the GOP in coming elections.

safreek

And now have to have armed guards everywhere they go, left and right will turn to extremist ways. I hope the pious get there right whack for starting the war

mark22

Likes Dirt
Amy Coney Barrett is an appallingly underqualified hack who was given the role because she'd do whatever the f*** she was told. Hence the jubilation from conservatives when she got the gig.

Absolute pos Clarence Thomas (the same bloke who not only failed to recuse himself from the January 6 investigations due to his wife being actively involved in sedition but also tried to block the SC from investigating it) has offered the following brain fart:

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,”

For those playing along at home:
Griswold: a married couple's right to use contraception without Government interference (passed in 1965)
Lawrence: states cannot illegalise sodomy (only passed in 2003)
Obergefell: marriage equality (2015)

Absolutely fucking cooked.

I still reckon they're overreaching though, and if they keep on the current trajectory there'll be a reckoning for the GOP in coming elections.
I wonder if he will be looking at the precedence of Loving vs the State of Virginia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia
Bet he doesn't.
It may not work out to well for him as he is married to a white woman.