Can i use any chain guide??

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
alright guys, im thinking about getting a new chain guide, im wondering if i can use just any chain guide for my bike or does it have to be a certain type/style.. my bike is an 08 giant glory 8 comp.. :confused:

cheers

cluster

Likes Dirt
alright guys, im thinking about getting a new chain guide, im wondering if i can use just any chain guide for my bike or does it have to be a certain type/style.. my bike is an 08 giant glory 8 comp.. :confused:

cheers
you'll need to find out what mount your frame uses (ISCG '05, ISCG old or ISCG new) then get a chainguide to suit.

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The glory dh0s and 1s are isgc old so I am assuming your frame would be the same. Don't quote me though!

philw86

Likes Bikes
The glory dh0s and 1s are isgc old so I am assuming your frame would be the same. Don't quote me though!
I'm quoting you, because you're right! :D

All Giant frames with ISCG tabs to date are ISCG-OLD. With most of the frames, they have a dropped chainstay design, so a WIDE angle guide is ideal.

2008 Glory DH Guide List
- I would highly suggest an SRS+ or LG1+ for the bike, as the backplate angle is adjustable. If you have an 06-08 style guide, you would need the ISCG-OLD WIDE angle backplate.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/theHive (across the pond)