Can trials bikes be used for DJ or Skatepark!?

DHdillybag

Likes Bikes
hey all im getting my trials bmx soon and im starting to get frustrated watching my mates do dirt jumps on their mountain bikes.. i was wondering if i could hit jumps on a trials bike. because the bars are set so far forward i was thinking i could have a different stem and bar for DJ and swap it on sometimes?

has anyone tried using trials bikes for jumping??? some pics would be awesome!
cheers

donkay

Likes Dirt
yes

who says you need to have the bars super out forward? I run my bar setup as normal on my mod, when i had my old stock i did, but yeah, this feels fine to me

Adrian here is an Elite Trials Rider, Street is his style, rips out 540's on it and other crazy bmx stuff on his Trials bike

Yeah it is possible but on a mod or a pure trials bike (as opposed to a streety trials bike) it just feels wrong. Geometry is not very conducive to jumping.

Lilley

Likes Dirt
In their old "Zero Tolerance" film Kenny and Wesley Belaey do some jumps on their Koxx bikes (levelboss maybe?) but it was really just for laughs.

A shorter wheelbase trials bike will certainly help for jumping stuff.

DHdillybag

Likes Bikes
thanks for the quick replies guys! i cant wait to take my trials bike to the skatepark and see what i can do!

in this video there's a bit of park riding, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJdHCLSKiMU

not a huge amount, but you get the idea. sorta take trials tricks to the park i guess.
mate that video is SWEET! the fakie nose manuals are awesome! that gave me so many ideas not to mention inspiration! that park riding is awesome too! EVERYONE CHECK OUT THAT VIDEO!!

if you want to see a real freak street/trials rider go to google video then search for neil tunnicliffe that bloke is one freak of the trials sport it will inspire you to ride. he can hook 2m high gates which are 5cm thick its craaaaaaaaaaazy shit.

Lilley

Likes Dirt
if you want to see a real freak street/trials rider go to google video then search for neil tunnicliffe that bloke is one freak of the trials sport it will inspire you to ride. he can hook 2m high gates which are 5cm thick its craaaaaaaaaaazy shit.
True, but I don't know if I've ever seen footage of Tunni dirt jumping.