Canada and northern USA riding wish list

Hey there people.
Send me your wish list for places you'd visit TO RIDE in Canada and the US.
Events count too, if you can post info on dates.

I'm landing in Vancouver (Canada, west coast) in May and flying out of Montreal (Canada, east coast) in August.
Help me put together an itinerary in between!

Here's an example:
Crankworks, Whistler BC Canada, August 7 http://www.crankworx.com/whistler09/

Keep 'em coming...

pieno

Likes Dirt
Bromont, Moab, Nelson, Mt Seven (Golden), Whistler, Sunpeaks, Silverstar, My Harper (Kamloops), Seymore, Fromme, Pemberton, Squamish, Santa Barber, That place where the US open is.

I've been to about half of those, going to try and cross some of the others off the list this summer

karl

Likes Dirt
whistler rocks but if you want some different landscape and dont mind xc stuff then check out moab its like riding in a road runner cartoon and research the riding in colorado, epic rides to be had there too, enjoy your trip!

Sweet!
Keep 'em coming.
Looks like I'll probably be in Whistler for summer with a couple of weeks in fall (that's Canada speak for autumn) to travel.

Bromont, Moab, Nelson, Mt Seven (Golden), Whistler, Sunpeaks, Silverstar, My Harper (Kamloops), Seymore, Fromme, Pemberton, Squamish, Santa Barber, That place where the US open is.

I've been to about half of those, going to try and cross some of the others off the list this summer
Ridden Harper Mountain at all?
Worth the detour if I'm driving through Kamloops on the way to Calgary?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you attend a trail maintainence day at Burnaby Mountain you'll be atleast the third rotorburner to build there!

Be sure to look up the Cheakamus Challenge and the Test of Metal (both in BC) XC Marathons - they're more or less their equivilants to our Highland Fling/ Otway Oddessey events (i.e. they're a really big deal) and a hell of a lot cheaper than any Marathon event in Australia.

Squamish has lots of nice trails, though somebody to show you around is pretty much a necessity

Whistler Bike Park... duh
Also, believe it or not, there are trails in Whistler other than those in the Bike Park... if you are up for a challenge, comfortably numb is well signposted and has a reputation for being a tough ride... Alternatively there are plenty of less difficult trails (both technically and aerobically in the Lost Lake area)

The sunshine coast is very underrated and under-visited: the birth place of berms and flow!

North Shore (Mt Seymour, Mt Fromme, Cypress Mountain) (thats listed in increasing order of difficulty) Be sure to hit Neds on Seymour and Pipeline on Fromme

Other BC Bike parks: from memory the BC Bike Parks Association has a website - you'll be able to find all sorts of chair lift accessed goodness!

Try to hit a West Coast Racing http://www.westcoastracing.ca/ event, they put on great events (not that I'm biased or anything:rolleyes: but they did win Cycling BC Club of the Year 2009!)