Canadian "Road" Gap

Mason

Likes Dirt
The other day, me and my bud Lance (same guy who was working on that big ass drop) decided to go pay a visit to our buds west of town. They have constructed a pretty fair sized "road" gap, even though its over a path of mulch buts its pretty sweet to hit. Hit this mother up before with the creator Jason, but didn't hit it this time around when the camera was there, (just not feeling it and if you case or screw up, it would hert alot to fall, not to mention DIE). Anyways, just gonna post a few pics of it, going up tommrow most likey, (its a pain in the ass to drive to it) and go hit it with camera's for sure, video doubt it. Yes, this is on pinkbike, and no location for you pinkbikers who are looking for where it is.

Tell me what you think of the construction of it being made from ghetto nails, a crazy bastard climbing tree's to frame it and a rusty hammer, haha

(lance did the pictures, and the paint job)

Mason

Likes Dirt
The ride up there ladder is pretty unsafe to say the least, but the landing is primo. Good old 2x4's :D

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how wide is the gap?
if it has got a solid run up easy to keep speed
it looks quite nice

personally i think the narrow ish high speed run up is a bit
sketchy to do , as once your on the skinny bit you cant back out
(i just lack practice riding such structures)

Mason

Likes Dirt
The wood tranny is wicked, its about 8 feet wide, so its very forgiving from the angle of takeoff from the semi-sketchy takeoff.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
That looks nice but the launch bit of NS looks a bit sketchy, but i guess with those strong logs holding it up it'll hold.

milne

Likes Dirt
i wish i had big trees like that were i was building my track all we got is rotting trees, :lol:
but it looks strong as hell that beast, you done it yet?

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
geez u canadians are crazy..looks sweet dude..ill be in Vancouver in march and I will be checking out a few of the trails...if only i had a map to see where the trails are...

Im staying in the middle of the city..and heading over to the Island for a few days..

Lets see some action pics ;)

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mason said:
Anyways, just gonna post a few pics of it, going up tommrow most likey, (its a pain in the ass to drive to it) and go hit it with camera's for sure, video doubt it.)
:idea: no pics of ya hitting it? what about that other thread too?

parallax

Likes Dirt
CHEWY said:
Whats the difference between a Canadian road gap and an Aussie road gap?
Obviously Canadian roads are 2' wide with wooden planks criss crossing them. Must make it a real bitch to drive.