Canberra rides and beers

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Haha I hope everyone made it home ok, I wandered off to chat with someone and then ran into other people and by time I got back to table you had all gone!

Everything after 8:30 is a blur, you guys set quite a pace there o_O

had to get up to go hiking this morning, first 30 mins was very seedy!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Lol.

I don’t think I’ve had that many beers in a session since I was a schoolgirl.

dealing with the problem now:

i recall a bar, and shots. Apologies if we ditched you @droenn, the evening is somewhat hazy…

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Haha I hope everyone made it home ok, I wandered off to chat with someone and then ran into other people and by time I got back to table you had all gone!

Everything after 8:30 is a blur, you guys set quite a pace there o_O

had to get up to go hiking this morning, first 30 mins was very seedy!
I actually recall a convo between us thinking that you’d bailed.
I ended up kicking on until about 4, got a burger and walked to Belconnen via Bruce ridge trails. No idea why I did that, should have gone home when everyone else did.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Starting some Belco Bigfoot rumours of a blurry figure stomping through the bush at 4am holding onto a burger!

Actually, I guess I accidentally ditched you guys because I had no concept of time and thought I had only gone inside for 10-20 mins.

Given I'm still feeling it today, I'm glad I tapped out when I did :D

Whens the next one though?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Whens the next one though?
My birthday Friday, heading to Stromlo as has been tradition for the last few years, I usually smash a PR but this time the PR will be different. I'm 49 so there were suggestions:

• plot a course that has 49 jumps
  • 49 laps of the pump track with 1 beer consumed for each lap, prediction is approx 4.9 laps
  • 49 skids, wheelies and endos

Each (excepting the pump track) would be followed by 49 beers ONO. I don't know if Handlebar is open but if not I will bring a case. Everyone has the afternoon off in Canberra so I'm thinking of gettig there around 5PM.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Given that I've finally gotten over the hangover of the last innings, I'd love to.

But, I have swing sets, dolls houses, bean bag chairs, etc. to construct on Christmas Eve. Yodeling across Bruce Ridge at 5am doesn't seem like the best of plans if I care to remain in contact with my family.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Given that I've finally gotten over the hangover of the last innings, I'd love to.

But, I have swing sets, dolls houses, bean bag chairs, etc. to construct on Christmas Eve. Yodeling across Bruce Ridge at 5am doesn't seem like the best of plans if I care to remain in contact with my family.
Tom might be coming so he could transport you back home at a reasonable hour so long as you don't go via his garage.

One day the kids will be grown like mine and all you need to construct on Xmas eve is a bank transfer.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll have to sit this one out, mate. However, I'll be having a bike build and beer day in the garage/brewery early in the new year. I'll keep you and Tom in the loop.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've finally got my bike back together (easier than my life :p) and am taking it for a cruise this evening. Might be down for the Friday ride if all goes well.

I'll be around next week too, at least until the 30th but the way things are going probably stuck in ACT/NSW....

Also chatted to @Litenbror about doing a day trip to Cooma in the early new year if people were interested too..

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've finally got my bike back together (easier than my life :p) and am taking it for a cruise this evening. Might be down for the Friday ride if all goes well.

I'll be around next week too, at least until the 30th but the way things are going probably stuck in ACT/NSW....

Also chatted to @Litenbror about doing a day trip to Cooma in the early new year if people were interested too..
I won’t be around for Friday, but I’ve always meant to check out Gladstone trails, will try to make that one.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Would consider staying overnight if there is somewhere good to camp or stay.