Canberra Magpies …?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Actually, I’m a fan of roundabouts… way better than lights, in certain scenarios. In fact I like the Cairns style roundabout, where the left turn doesn’t immediately join the roundabout but does a merge down the track… a great idea. Obviously needs acreage.

Anyway, we rode Smithfield today… and I enjoyed it.

Took a little while to get WTF was going on, because when you hire the bikes at the shop, you don’t start at the trailhead, so we rode a few bits backwards for the first hour…doh. But when we happened across the trailhead it all became clear and we were away… finally, in the right direction at last.

The green was very soft… while the blue was great, not flowy but really quite techy and interesting. Second loop, going the right way was much better.

I must say though… it sucked arse, not having our own bikes. The descent from the water tank, and a few other spots, would’ve been really sweet on my relaxed stumpy with its dropper post… whereas the hire 29er hardtail was all faaaarck, jaysus, pucker, pucker. You sometimes forget how good you have it.

Anyway, we both managed a little bit of blood… but not a magpie in sight.