Canberra MELBA BMX Track.... Some Info Please :)

dannys

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys

was just asking around about some tracks near or in Belconnen Canberra and someone pointed out to me this BMX track in Melba and he said they have like training afternoons and race days quite regularly.
Was just wondering whether you'd know any thing about it. any information would be nice. (and i do know that Mt Stromlo is pretty close :)

Thanks for your help and time

Danny

Last edited:

k_d

Likes Dirt
Hey Danny.

Wednesday nights are "gates" nights so the track is open from 6-7.30 with the gate running.
Friday nights are race nights, with the track open from 6. This would be the best night if you were just looking at what happens there.

As of a couple of months ago, the track has been open to the public for use anytime (except race and training nights), however is currently closed to the public as the track was just re-built, and still needs some finishing touches added. This is the homepage for the club, and lets you know whats happening in regards to cancellations and so-on.

If you do turn up (racing is on tonight if you want to have a look!), feel free to talk/say hi to me, ill be riding either a black and white duallie, or an orange/brown jump bike and wearing a blue/yellow jersey.

Hope this helps,

Kyle

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
is there a new straight being made? I have heard rumours that there's still work to be done.

won't make it down tonight im layed up with a cold but might drop in next wednesday for a few gates. will be on 09 norco 250 (chrome n red)

k_d

Likes Dirt
is there a new straight being made? I have heard rumours that there's still work to be done.

won't make it down tonight im layed up with a cold but might drop in next wednesday for a few gates. will be on 09 norco 250 (chrome n red)
The whole track was flattened and has been completely redone. I should be there either on an orange/brown Specialized p1 or a black/white Specialized SX duallie.

k_d

Likes Dirt
im aware of the rebuild but there is definately enough room for a whole extra straight after the current last one.
There is, but when there is a large event there, there would be no space for people to spectate. If you ever went to an ACT round or state title round there, you would know what im on about as there wasn't much room for tents and stuff like that. Also, its a great spot to watch from, and if there was a straight there, it would take up most of the space thats left there resulting in no great spectater spots.