AUS Canberra Worlds - What you need to know

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
We'll after yesterday's opening, the 2009 MTB World Championships are officially underway. For those of you lucky enough to be in Canberra this week, you may want to check out the official worlds website here. For a full event schedule checkout this document here (pdf). In brief this is how the events will unfold.

Schedule
Tuesday
14:00 World Championships Team Relay

Wedmesday
10.30 World Championships XCO Juniors Women
14.00 World Championships XCO U23 Women

Thursday
10.30 World Championships XCO Juniors Men
16.00 4X Qualifying Round

Friday
09.15-13.15 Women OT Final 20''/26''
10.30 DHI Official Timed Session
14.00 World Championships XCO U23 Men
18.30 World Championships 4X Men/Women

Saturday
10.00 World Championships XCO Elite Women
10.30-12.00 Juniors Men OT Finals 20"
14.30-16.00 Elite Men OT Final 20"
14.00 World Championships XCO Elite Men

Sunday
10.30 World Championships Juniors Women and Juniors Men DHI Mt Stromlo
12.10-13.40 Juniors Men OT Final 26''
13.00 World Championships Elite Women DHI
13.50-15.20 Elite Men OT Final 26''
14.00 World Championships Elite Men DHI

Ticket Prices
Tickets are on sale now through the Ticketek website – Click here to secure your spot on the mountain!

All tickets include: public bus transport from Canberra City, Woden and Belconnen bus interchanges to Stromlo Forrest Park, car parking at the event venue and all day bus shuttles up and down the mountain.

Ticketed event days include: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please note that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is free for all you punters that want to get a taste of the action!

1 Day Entry – $20 ($25 at the gate)
3 Day Pass – $50 ($60 at the gate)
Kids Pass - Kids under 10 enter free with an accompanying paying adult
1 Day Family Ticket (2 Adults and 3 Children) – $60 ($75 at the gate)
3 Day Family Ticket (2 Adults and 3 Children) – $150 ($180 at the gate)

Coverage
For those of you that will not be attending the event, freecaster are doing live Internet coverage, so we can all cheer in front of our computers like the nerds we all are. Details will be posted shortly.

There should also be some TV coverage, we'll confirm these times/channels shortly.

Discuss
Our main forum thread to discuss the 2009 Canbera World Champs can be found here.

Last edited:

Lukeflow1

Likes Dirt
For those of you that will not be attending the event, freecaster are doing live coverage, so we can all cheer in front of our computers like the nerds we all are. Details will be posted shortly.[/QUOTE]
Fuel tv on foxtel are also showing the event, I know they have it on at 2:00pm sunday afternoon so i assume they have the finals live.
Its on sbs as well saturday and sunday night at 11pm.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Fuel tv on foxtel are also showing the event, I know they have it on at 2:00pm sunday afternoon so i assume they have the finals live.
Its on sbs as well saturday and sunday night at 11pm.
Thanks for that Luke. I didn't know they were showing it. I'll set my HDD recorder to record it.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill be heading out tomorrow for a look. any recomendations re parking? should we just park down the bottom and walk up to the DH track or will there parking at the top? what do you think are the most accesable viewing areas?

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
If I want to go tomorrow & Thursday to watch practice as well as the weekend will I have to buy 2 3 day passes?? or do they only charge for the weekend???

the head

Likes Bikes
If I want to go tomorrow & Thursday to watch practice as well as the weekend will I have to buy 2 3 day passes?? or do they only charge for the weekend???

Apparently they're only charging for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's free out there now.

jimmy_

Likes Bikes
it's a bit disapointing that SBS can not do a live telecast, perhaps if skinsuits where allowed it would get some prime time on Cycling central

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it's a bit disapointing that SBS can not do a live telecast, perhaps if skinsuits where allowed it would get some prime time on Cycling central
Hahah yeah what else have they got to show? The news in 50 different languages as well as topgear.

morgs

morgs
ill be heading out tomorrow for a look. any recomendations re parking? should we just park down the bottom and walk up to the DH track or will there parking at the top? what do you think are the most accesable viewing areas?
Mt Stromlo Rd is closed to traffic, so no driving to the top of the hill. Best bet is to park in the event carpark and walk in. Everything on the track is accessible, just depends on how much you want to walk.

Beej1

Ticketek offer a venue collection (can't get to an outlet before I head up), but parking is part of the ticket price. Will they try and sting me for parking since I won't yet have my ticket? Or are tickets shown/picked up at the carpark entry or something?

mtnbike

Squid
trip to W-Champs

Hi - we've got a few more spots available on the bus from Sydney to Canberra. We are heading down Friday, in time to see 4X finals and leaving on Sunday after it is all said and done. We also have accom packages. PM me if interested.

After riding down there this past weekend - I can't wait!

About parking, it would be pretty rude to charge you for parking then charge you for entry ... :)

Will