Cane Creek DB Inline

teK--

Eats Squid
My initial thought is there is negligible difference since the bottom eyelet fits in giants with factory through axle and I don't know anyone who has reported any issue with the DBIL being too narrow with the stock giant hardware.

takai

Eats Squid
I thought that too but he's talking about width of spacers.
Yeah, more referring to the response from the bushing provider below. Narrower would imply the lateral dimensions, but they could be numpty and be talking about OD.

I emailed the offset bushing provider and they replied:

"The CCDB Inline uses slightly narrower spacers than a FOX / RS shock, so you'll need a replacement set of those. The actual bushing will still fit."

According to the CC Dimensions https://www.canecreek.com/resources/DBInline_Dimensions.pdf the inline is 12.7mm. Anyone know what a Fox/RS is? I'd check on my own bike but I'm on site for the next two weeks.

View attachment 299397

teK--

Eats Squid
That's bloody close... I'll take a smidge off each spacer to be sure. Don't want the spacers binding the shock to the frame.

Thanks for measuring it!
Don't forget vernier accuracy +/-0.01mm and also the shock mounting face wasn't exactly perfectly flat, machined or anodised. It is some sort of coated surface maybe powder coat or paint?

Best to just fit the shock and see how you go before modifying your spacers. As I say I doubt Fox, CC and RS would be any different and the rest is all up to manufacturing tolerance.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Use the trading area.....

Go easy there j5ive....you use general threads (ie. wtb TRc frame) for commercial purposes and the 4Sale forums for same...

Last edited: