CANE CREEK double barrel inline air shock.

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
I just bought an Intense Tracer 27.5 alloy and it came with the above rear shock.Im currently running 200 PSI and im just shy of 100 kgs .
Is anybody using one of these shocks ?and what are you running in yours?
cheers danny.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I've not got a Tracer or used a DB Inline, but I did have a Spitfire with CCDB and found the base tunes from Cane Creeks website to be a great starting point.

Attachments

Ideate

Are you having issues? I was told that inline's don't like heavy riders and you should instead opt for a regular CCDB Air (not inline). I can't confirm this though.. can someone?

teK--

Eats Squid
Are you having issues? I was told that inline's don't like heavy riders and you should instead opt for a regular CCDB Air (not inline). I can't confirm this though.. can someone?
For heavier riders definitely need to install some volume spacers to limit bottom out harshness without having to crank up HSC so much that it affects everything else.

I'm not heavy by any means but I still run one large spacer (5 strips) and am thinking maybe another 1-2 strips.

slowmick

38-39"
i am 115 kg and I need to run mine at 250 psi to get the right amount of sag out of the shock in the enduro. the shaft always seems to be wet with oil (more so than my old DBair) so i am not sure if this is because the shock has maybe 10 hours on it or if the pressure is is pushing the oil out (i haven't checked know how the shock actually works).

i have seen posts saying that 250 psi is the limit. i only used to need 175 psi in the dbair. It seems an odd shock to spec on the Enduro unless they had a specific bike weight number in mind.

Last edited:

The_Taurean

Likes Bikes
I've got an inline on a Spicy Team. I'm about 100kg geared up and I'm running 220 psi and 2 large spacers. This setup feels perfect for me (I ride pretty hard including downhill on it). The only problem is reliability. Mine has been repaired twice and is currently being replaced. The diaphragm keeps breaking and letting air into the damper oil.

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
Spacers ?

where do the spacers go ?are they an internal or external fit ?
If my shock is factory tuned does that mean i already have some fitted?
Where do you get spacers ?
does bike shop fit them ?
How do i no if i need them?

teK--

Eats Squid
I've got an inline on a Spicy Team. I'm about 100kg geared up and I'm running 220 psi and 2 large spacers. This setup feels perfect for me (I ride pretty hard including downhill on it). The only problem is reliability. Mine has been repaired twice and is currently being replaced. The diaphragm keeps breaking and letting air into the damper oil.
Is that a sudden failure or gradual leaking of air into the damper?

robbie b

Likes Bikes
I've heard quite a few times these shocks aren't too fond of heavier riders and reliability issues are pretty common, I found it an I'll fitting shock for the specialized enduro, but that's just my opinion. A mate has one on his genius LT and he loves it, but he is a lightweight

The_Taurean

Likes Bikes
where do the spacers go ?are they an internal or external fit ?
If my shock is factory tuned does that mean i already have some fitted?
Where do you get spacers ?
does bike shop fit them ?
How do i no if i need them?
If you've set the air pressure so that you've got the correct sag and the shock is still bottoming out when you ride then you need air volume spacers. You can up the high speed compression damping but too much of that will make the shock feel harsh.

The spacers come in the box if you buy the shock by itself, not sure about oem shocks. You pop the circlip off the end of the air can and slide the can down. You can then put the spacers in the air chamber inside. They're flexible so you just cut them to size and put them in, they just hang out in there. If you use spacers you wil probably need a bit more rebound damping.

The_Taurean

Likes Bikes
Is that a sudden failure or gradual leaking of air into the damper?
The first time it seemed to take a couple of weeks, the last time it took 2 rides. It might have been quicker the first time though, I was watching it like a hawk after it first blew.

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
Cheers

Thats some great info/advice.
At 200 psi it doesnt bottom out with average riding or the occasional biggish hit,it has between 18-20 mm sag when sitting with feet on pedals which i believe is about rite .As yet i havent touched the rebound or dampening settings .
I will do some tinkering with these and then i maybe able to reduce the psi a little .
thanks again.
Danny.