Cane Creek Inline + 2013 Meta am??

dh1

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

Does anybody out there know if a cane creek inline can fit into a 2013 commencal meta am?!

The cane creek website says no. Searching other forums the discussion has come up however there never seems to be a definitive answer as to whether it will fit or not.

I have contacted commencal and I am waiting to hear back so I thought in the meantime I would put it out there to the rotorburn community because im sure a few other meta owners would like to know what shocks can fit.

Thanks,

Zeb.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Nope. I wanted one for mine but if you look at the bottom shock mount and then the mounts of the Inline shock you can see it just won't work. The stanchion sits right up against the swing arm.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Nope. I wanted one for mine but if you look at the bottom shock mount and then the mounts of the Inline shock you can see it just won't work. The stanchion sits right up against the swing arm.

Well put, that really sucks.
Are you still running the stock fox shock? Have you had it tuned by anyone?

willsy01

Eats Squid
The only thing stock about mine is the bare aluminium used to make the frame :). Every review I read said that the RP2 was the worst part of the factory build.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?277207-The-Commencal-of-Procrastination

I'm using a Float CTD. The CTD and boost valve were screwed so I had it rebuilt by TBSMs suspension guy a few weeks ago. He upped the boost valve from 200 to 225 psi and made it much less wallowy in the midstroke. Vast improvement over what it was, there was very little damping. Considering a Vorsprung corset.

dh1

Likes Dirt
The only thing stock about mine is the bare aluminium used to make the frame :). Every review I read said that the RP2 was the worst part of the factory build.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?277207-The-Commencal-of-Procrastination

I'm using a Float CTD. The CTD and boost valve were screwed so I had it rebuilt by TBSMs suspension guy a few weeks ago. He upped the boost valve from 200 to 225 psi and made it much less wallowy in the midstroke. Vast improvement over what it was, there was very little damping. Considering a Vorsprung corset.
I have got the 2013 fox float ctd with kashima, this is the stock shock for this model. It feels smooth on the big hits but wasnt very happy with it when just trail riding, first half of the stroke. I suppose I will have to play around with it some more since theres very little choice for replacement

willsy01

Eats Squid
Oh yeah, i'm thinking of the 2012 which came with the RP2. Well worth getting it tuned, made a huge difference to mine. Out of interest, what are the factory rebound and velocity tunes and the boost valve specs on the air can?

dh1

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah, i'm thinking of the 2012 which came with the RP2. Well worth getting it tuned, made a huge difference to mine. Out of interest, what are the factory rebound and velocity tunes and the boost valve specs on the air can?
And where do I find that all that?

dh1

Likes Dirt
Standard shock tune for the 2013 meta am1 is;
Velocity tune - F
Rebound tune - L
Boost valve tune - 175

Willys can our shock tunes be directly compared considering they are a different model of shock? I would like to know the best tune for it so I can really get the most out of the shock/bike.

Cheers,

Zeb.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Probably not. There's too many variables, it's really a personal thing based on riding styles and such. My base tune is quite different to start with......light velocity, medium rebound and 200psi boost valve. With the tune it was changed to a medium velocity, light rebound and 250psi boost valve. So it's actually more online with your factory tune.

Have a chat with Tekin or NS Dynamics. If you tell them what you're not happy with they'll know exactly what to change.