Canfield's F1 Jedi is born!!

petri

Likes Dirt
Canfiled Brothers have been busy getting ready for interbike and the launch of some their new rides.
Check the link from Sicklines to get some more info on them.
http://www.sicklines.com/interbike2007/canfield_brothers

I have to mention this one tho...
The F1 Jedi is a linear 7.75' travel dh smasher! It's said to be everything the F1 should've been and more. Claimed weight is 10lb with a fox DHX 5.0 coil shock and the laser etched grafix is a great touch. Check some of the detail on this frame.
Price and delivery will be available shortly. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally, I think it'll suit the Vic race circuit a lot better than my F1. We really don't have any tracks that need 9" travel and having something a little more compact will be better for the majority of riders around here. I can't speak for any other states though.

The reason I was asking for geo specs was because the back end looks a touch shorter than mine which I feel would really tighten up the bike and make it a lot more fun to ride. The head angle also looks a little steeper too which I think should also make it a little more agile.

Overall, so far I'm a fan.

petri

Likes Dirt
Personally, I think it'll suit the Vic race circuit a lot better than my F1. We really don't have any tracks that need 9" travel and having something a little more compact will be better for the majority of riders around here. I can't speak for any other states though.

The reason I was asking for geo specs was because the back end looks a touch shorter than mine which I feel would really tighten up the bike and make it a lot more fun to ride. The head angle also looks a little steeper too which I think should also make it a little more agile.

Overall, so far I'm a fan.
Cool... That's some good info Matt considering u own a F1. Cheers for that mate

Petri, are you gonna be getting the Sinister Poison and Passion when they come out?
I Don't know when those platforms will actually be production bikes.... Frank is very particular about what he releases so who knows when we'll see them. I'll definitely do something when they are out.... Had a chance to sit on the Passion last year, the amount of work that has gone into it is amazing so i can understand why he takes so long sometimes.... if they are ever released it'll be great!

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow! That's not just geo, that's the complete frame specs. I wonder if that was even meant to be let out to the public at all? If it was, good on 'em!

Anyway, that diagram shows that they're thinking about all kinds of different builds when doing the geometry. I like the very rearward axle path (as I did with mine which is why I bought it) and they have shortened the rear end by 0.75" over the old F1 as I suspected which is a fair bit and should help a lot. The front end seems to also be shorter by about .5" over my F1 although mine's a large and the size of this one isn't specified. I think they've also lowered the roller more than the amount of travel they dropped so pedalling should be slightly more efficient than mine.

I'm liking this new one more and more.