cannondale conundrum

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Hi folks.
I own a 2003 Jekyll 800 and am super keen to re-fit a Lefty shock (bought it off somebody who had ditched the Lefty).

The question is: is it really worth it? Or am i better off searching for a secondhand Jekyll with Lefty already fitted?

Funds are tight so cannot stump up for a new rig unfortunately and have the Mont coming up in March so need to pull my finger out and sort this.

Cheers,

Juz

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Hi folks.
I own a 2003 Jekyll 800 and am super keen to re-fit a Lefty shock (bought it off somebody who had ditched the Lefty).

The question is: is it really worth it? Or am i better off searching for a secondhand Jekyll with Lefty already fitted?

Funds are tight so cannot stump up for a new rig unfortunately and have the Mont coming up in March so need to pull my finger out and sort this.

Cheers,

Juz
Just my 2cents.... Jekylls rock. I miss mine and have yet to ride something that put such a huge smile on my face. Given your cost constraints you will get a better lefty fork than if you spent the same on a complete jekyll with lefty.

I dont believe that this would be polishing a turd, or even rolling it in glitter... i think it would give you a bike that is still a very capable bike and a blast to ride.... unless your current one is really beat up.... : )

I say Do it !

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
G'day guys.
My Jekyll originally had an old head-shock and then i fitted a Tora but have not been happy with it as there is minimal adjustment and no lock-out - i was strapped for coin at the time.
The bike is in good condition so may just go for it with the Lefty. Like i said, have scouted around on ebay and other sites for second-hand complete bikes but every Jekyll owner seems to want to hang on to their bike - and i can only agree.
Reconditioned Leftys are available so will chase that option and see how it goes.
Cheers,
Juz