Cannondale Frames

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Considering buying a Cannondale carbon roadie. Just wanted to know if I should be concerned about their crack'n'fail reputation or if this is a thing of the distant past?

-Andrew

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Well I'm on my second carbon cannondale jekyll frame however I haven't had any issues with the second one. Their warranty was excellent, New frame within the week.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Supersix?
Here is mine

If you read everything on the net you won't know if they are the best or the worst. Most reports now seem positive. A few yanks whine because they can't get lifetime warranty on their 10 year old frame. The lifetime warranty seems to be the lifetime of the bike, not the owner.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Junior RB has a Caad 10 Aluminium frame. For a young bloke he is very particular and he loves his Cannondale. When this one is to small for him what does he want? Another caad. No carbon for this young cat.

But I have spoken to an A grader that has gone through a couple of evo frames due to high wattage output. He has been lucky enough to have them replaced under warranty.

as Piston said. Wont know till you try.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Junior RB has a Caad 10 Aluminium frame. For a young bloke he is very particular and he loves his Cannondale. When this one is to small for him what does he want? Another caad. No carbon for this young cat.

But I have spoken to an A grader that has gone through a couple of evo frames due to high wattage output. He has been lucky enough to have them replaced under warranty.

as Piston said. Wont know till you try.
Hmmm, "lucky dip" approach is an interesting one.

Have owned a few C alloys in my time and not actually broken one although my mates have (also Scotts so no monopoly there). None of them were juniors, (nor short on power either).

Anecdotaly those who have stuck with Cannondale have had much less issues with carbon.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hmmm, "lucky dip" approach is an interesting one.
well isn't buying any bike really in essence a lucky dip? We all take the belief the company has the QA processes in line and they supply a quality product.

Are there more Cannondales that break than Giants or Cippos? I can't answer that. Hence why it is a lucky dip.

fergo

Likes Dirt
I have the alloy CAAD10 and haven't had any issues and I weigh over 100kg and ride country roads up and down hills, not beach ones.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a caad 10. The thing is bulletproof. I've ridden over 10000 km in 18 months on it. Components have been replaced and I've gone through 3 wheel sets. Can't fault the frame though. I'm already planning on replacing it with the same thing...

RB 24

Likes Dirt
I've got a caad 10. The thing is bulletproof. I've ridden over 10000 km in 18 months on it. Components have been replaced and I've gone through 3 wheel sets. Can't fault the frame though. I'm already planning on replacing it with the same thing...
eldest RB is coming back to racing.. guess what he is getting.. Caad10.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't ever personally buy one. NEVER EVER! They crack'n'fail, hence their name! I've also had some way less than stellar dealings with the importer.

hamishf

Squid
The alloy ones seem to be the frames people speak the most highly of, in fact, a caad 9 is one of my dream bikes at the moment- xl size if you're askin