Cannondale rush triple chain guide options

MTBBUM

Likes Bikes
I don't know if there are any decent chain guides for triple ring set up but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyones worked this out. Because ita got me fuct!

So the details then:
Cannondale carbon rush 07
Shimano SLX triple ring cranks.... Pretty much all SLX running gear actually.
The seat post is 27.2mm (pain in the ass trying to find a decent droper post under a ton without selling a kidney, did that to get my now useless KS i900 30.8mm 2 months ago..... That's for another time then. Unless someones got the 27.2 version for a swap?)
It uses press fit BBs
And generally uses slightly off the 'standards' sizes that only CANNONDALE seem to use ! Forks no exception.
Um.... No Tabs, no hooks, no holes, no nothings!

Anyone got any ideas that don't require a complete crank upgrade or bastardizing the frame?
Maybe a super front derailer or something.
Thanx

MTBBUM

Likes Bikes
My original shimano front derailer from my old frame doesn't fit this frame.
So i need to get a new one and id been meaning to look into a chain device anyway.
So basically I wanted a front derailer and something to stop my chain jumping rings when i go down rock gardens or off drops etc.
I don't particularly want to loose the triple set up.
Nobody seems to make any decent front derailers. E-thirteen have got a thing that hooks up like front derailer but is for a single ring only, this would be awesome if it could move as well.

MTBBUM

Likes Bikes
Can I use a double mech on a triple ring?
I assume the only thing that really limits it is it 'high limit' range.

Does anyone know What sort of range any of the double mechs get?

ja_har

Likes Dirt
Dont know any triple ring guides, you might be better off going to a double ring set up with a double chain guide. I did that about 5 years ago after constantly dropping chains, never looked back. It's now more common as companies make specific double cranksets, but you dont have to have one to make it work.
Drop your big ring, replace the 2 other rings with a 26-36 type combination and you only miss a couple of the very highest and lowest ratios. If you went 10 speed 36 rear cassette you would cover pretty much the same as a standard triple setup.

MTBBUM

Likes Bikes
Do you run a bottom guide as well?
I was considering similar 38 26 combo but being press fit bearings and no tabs only the derailer would be holding the chain on, much the same as a triple set up. So there wouldn't be much of a gain.
I almost need a bottom guide mounted with the front derailer

ja_har

Likes Dirt
Yes I have a bottom guide but its mounted via the BB. Pressfit BB is the killer, I missed that in your original post. Thats making things very hard with no tabs unless you went 1 X 9 or 10.