CANYON MTB (Direct to customer)

Markg

Squid
Hi yall, :wave:

Has anyone recently purchased a MTB online from Canyon? Can you tell me about waiting times to Australia , quality of the bike and your general experience with the bike. I am very interested in the Spectral EX 7.0 as it has exceptional value for money, modern geo and great reviews. Cheers!

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
I got a Strive last week. Delivery took 10 days from placing the order. The whole process was very efficient. Bike finish is excellent, spec is excellent, price is excellent, ride is excellent too.
I had to call on Canyon support to replace a Reverb hose barb which broke in transit. Two hours after my phone call a man in a Canyon van had dropped a replacement part at my front door (they offered to take the bike and fix it, but I declined the offer to get riding sooner).

If I was looking for a trail bike right now, I'd definitely be getting a Spectral.

Bun

Likes Bikes
I recently took delivery of a Canyon Spectral Al 7.0 EX, delivery time took about 10 days from order to arrival. Couldn't agree more with AngeryBadger's comment, the whole process was efficient and bike finish is excellent.

I wouldn't hesitate to order another bike from Canyon.

Markg

Squid
I recently took delivery of a Canyon Spectral Al 7.0 EX, delivery time took about 10 days from order to arrival. Couldn't agree more with AngeryBadger's comment, the whole process was efficient and bike finish is excellent.

I wouldn't hesitate to order another bike from Canyon.
Hey Bun, what made you decide on the AL 7.0 EX over the Fox and Shimano equiped AL 7.0?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Damn.....that's next level service.
Yep, ridiculously impressive. I had a new bike I couldn't ride one day before the weekend. The Canyon chap was outraged (way more than I was) and hurled himself at it. Don't think I've seen service like that before.

I was worried about buying without a demo ride, so I emailed them. This was the reply:

Thanks for your inquiry regarding Canyons Strive. Canyon doesn't have a range of demonstration bikes in Australia but we do offer Canyon offer a 30 day right of return where you have 30 days to test ride the bike which we're sure you will love. If you are not entirely satisfied you may send the bike back to us within 30 days without any quibble, Canyon will cover all shipping costs.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy shit. that's the best customer service I've seen from a bike manufacturer!

Markg

Squid
Yep, ridiculously impressive. I had a new bike I couldn't ride one day before the weekend. The Canyon chap was outraged (way more than I was) and hurled himself at it. Don't think I've seen service like that before.

I was worried about buying without a demo ride, so I emailed them. This was the replI]Thanks for your inquiry regarding Canyons Strive. Canyon doesn't have a range of demonstration bikes in Australia but we do offer Canyon offer a 30 day right of return where you have 30 days to test ride the bike which we're sure you will love. If you are not entirely satisfied you may send the bike back to us within 30 days without any quibble, Canyon will cover all shipping costs.
[/I]
30 days! Try handing back a bike at the LBS. Not baging LBS though, they have to buy the bikes off the wholesaler, and they couldnt sell bikes used if they had a 30day trial. That customer service is awsome, i know of a bike shop that wouldnt let my buddy ride the bike in the car park! Guess what, they lost a sure sale!

Bun

Likes Bikes
Hey Bun, what made you decide on the AL 7.0 EX over the Fox and Shimano equiped AL 7.0?

Hey Markg, I decided to go with the Al 7.0ex as I wanted the extra travel up front and previously had Pike's on my old bike and loved them. Another reason was the 1x chain ring and In my opinion I think the Guide R brakes are better then the XT's.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either bike.

Markg

Squid
I can echo angrybadger's sentiments also. Nothing but a positive story for me too.
That's all great positive feedback, so for me, its between the Spectral A7.0 ex and the Trek Fuel EX9 (2017). I have to find an independent bike mechanic in Brisbane that wont have an issue servicing a bike bought off the net if I go Canyon.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I have to find an independent bike mechanic in Brisbane that wont have an issue servicing a bike bought off the net if I go Canyon.
Shouldn't be an issue. I went and got a full length shifter cable installed at a LBS (who is also a Santa Cruz dealer) and there was no problems with them working on the bike.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have to find an independent bike mechanic in Brisbane that wont have an issue servicing a bike bought off the net if I go Canyon.
I've never had an issue like that. I've had heaps of 'net bought parts fitted by mechanics.

If a mechanic won't do the job for a reason like that, time to find a new mechanic.

Markg

Squid
I've never had an issue like that. I've had heaps of 'net bought parts fitted by mechanics.

If a mechanic won't do the job for a reason like that, time to find a new mechanic.
Thanks Scblack, i totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I got a Strive last week. Delivery took 10 days from placing the order. The whole process was very efficient. Bike finish is excellent, spec is excellent, price is excellent, ride is excellent too.
I had to call on Canyon support to replace a Reverb hose barb which broke in transit. Two hours after my phone call a man in a Canyon van had dropped a replacement part at my front door (they offered to take the bike and fix it, but I declined the offer to get riding sooner).

If I was looking for a trail bike right now, I'd definitely be getting a Spectral.
Did you have to pay duty and GST for the Strive?