Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just went on the aroc website. It would appear that the races is back to 100/50 and entries open in January something. Some clarification from AROC would be appreciated if anyone has a contact.

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
So entry was rumoured to open on the 15th of Jan (1 week from now) and there is nothing on the Aroc. There doesn't seem to have been any update since April 2009.

Anyone know what is going on?

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
looking good

I spoke with AROC earlier today. They think they are 99% good to go, but don't want to make any announcement prior to getting the official go ahead from the Defence Minister.

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
Still nothing on the Aroc Site, will we see the event take place this year? The Aroc site says that entries will open in January, so we will have to wait and see!

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
I'm psyched

I'm keen, is there an email list you can join to be notified when entries are open, I couldn't find one on their site.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Damn Straight

I agree, everyone will want in on this race, we've been waiting years for a decent marathon in Canberra. I suspect this baby will sell out faster than the Doctor, or maybe even the Fling, so knowing when it opens will be key or we'll miss out. I hope they announce the open date and time of entries before it open so I can start smashing the refresh key on the old web browser at the right time :)

PS: Hope their entry system is tough ;)

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Clearance check

I spoke with AROC earlier today. They think they are 99% good to go, but don't want to make any announcement prior to getting the official go ahead from the Defence Minister.
Once they get the official go-ahead from the Dept of Defence will they then need to do a clearance and check of all people entered in the race???? I hear the Taliban have infiltrated some NSW MTB clubs!!!! I am keen for this!!!! Can't wait! Get ready for that date and be on the computer.

Last edited:

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Early feb entries open

According to their website, I just checked it. Entries will open early February!!!!

I've roped in a crew, hope we all get in. This will be my first 100k MTB. I'm joining the pain brigade.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I heard that Defence are only going to allow the traversal of their land on the condition that racers sign a form idemnifying Defence against the potential ill effects that may occur from the Life Firing exercise on there that morning.

Another condition is that the course heads into Duntroon, where every rider does an hour of Intensive Training and then has to say how good ArmyGeddon looks, and what a good investment of Tax-payers' money it has been to send it to Summernats every year.

gixer7

Likes Dirt
I heard that Defence are only going to allow the traversal of their land on the condition that racers sign a form idemnifying Defence against the potential ill effects that may occur from the Life Firing exercise on there that morning.

Another condition is that the course heads into Duntroon, where every rider does an hour of Intensive Training and then has to say how good ArmyGeddon looks, and what a good investment of Tax-payers' money it has been to send it to Summernats every year.
By "intensive training" do you actually mean hazing by the senior cadets??

Is that freak of an automobile for real?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
From the latest AROC Newsletter:
AROC email newsletter said:
We are expecting to make an announcement in 2 weeks officially opening the long anticipated Capital Punishment 50km and 100km MTB Enduro. This event has already drummed up a huge amount of interest and will enable for the first time, riders to tour Canberra's extensive and super fun single track areas from Sparrow Hill right through to Mt Stromlo. The ride of all rides - watch out for the official announcement. Entries will open soon after.

Last edited:

krisko

Likes Dirt
Update on approval

An application for approval has not yet been lodged with Parks Conservation and Lands.
There are a number of issues that require addressing listed from last years application.

Please if your reading this submit the application.
A Orienteering event as recently squashed as the application was submitted late.

JD26

Likes Dirt
An application for approval has not yet been lodged with Parks Conservation and Lands.
There are a number of issues that require addressing listed from last years application.

A Orienteering event as recently squashed as the application was submitted late.
Krisko is right - get it in. Even a local clubbie in the forest needs to play by these rules.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt

Is it just me, or does it just reek of "f*ck up" again?

I so hope the race goes ahead, but the sands of time are again slipping away....

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Is it just me, or does it just reek of "f*ck up" again?

I so hope the race goes ahead, but the sands of time are again slipping away....
To be fair, the two weeks from when they last said "we are expecting to make an announcement in 2 weeks " have not (quite) passed.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Only 114 sleeps to go .. so soon! :rolleyes:

Listen; if it doesn't get up, I'll be riding from Sparrow Hill to Stromlo via some fun places on 29th May and you can join me, OK?