!!Car park thieves at Goat Farm, Perth!!

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone, just a warning that there are low brow opportunistic thieves targeting the cars of mtb'ers at the Goat Farm. They're waiting until the cars are unguarded and smashing in through windows to steal items (my wallet, phone etc). Description of the guy is kinda vague but better than nothing, "fat guy in a white statesman". Just a warning to my fellow mtb bros.
Cheers,
Kurt

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Welcome to Swan View....

This was literally about 6 streets from where you parked.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-...wan-view-labelled-cowardly/4479292?section=wa

It has been a topic of discussion many-a-time on PerthMTB forum. Some will try to defend the
suburb, hey I am an eastern suburb guy, but the crime statistics stand.

Why the builders chose that location is beyond me. Absolutely no police presence regardless of the amount of police reports, nothing. No drive bye's during business hours at all.

I won't ride there anymore. Shame, it's a good facility and the powers that be will insist on expending more money/time/effort there.

Words from the unfortunately experienced... do not park at John Forrest "Morrison Rd" car park or at the top of he Zig Zag either.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Welcome to Swan View....

Absolutely no police presence regardless of the amount of police reports, nothing. No drive bye's during businesses hours at all.
Just use "armed robbery with intent to harm". When filing the police report. That will effectively warrant the use of "force" to defend life and property.

Loudvq

Likes Dirt
Hey guys I copped the same two days before Christmas out near kelmscot wasn't even gone an hour!
Called the cops got nothing not even a call back even though I have a description and also rego of the car and a witness.
I've stopped riding any where near the city for that reason of people stealing stuff, is there anything we can do to try and stop this? Because there is some good trail and locations there.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hey guys I copped the same two days before Christmas out near kelmscot wasn't even gone an hour!
Called the cops got nothing not even a call back even though I have a description and also rego of the car and a witness.
I've stopped riding any where near the city for that reason of people stealing stuff, is there anything we can do to try and stop this? Because there is some good trail and locations there.
That's pretty poor from the cops. I'd try turning up to the station in person and insisting that they take a formal report. Withe witnesses and a rego they should be all over it.

Oh, and isn't Perth a long way from Gippsland? That's a long way to go for a trail :)