Carbon bars recommendations

beejay

Likes Dirt
Let me know when you want to shift the current ones?
+1

Had the alloy fatbars 780 loved the shape so I jumped on the 780 carbons when they came out. Very happy with them.
Will do gents. The shape of the renthals feels really natural to me, and the carbon bar coolaide tastes really good. but just a tad to wide at 780mm.
So with the 'lite' now at 760mm I think I need to buy more bling :biggrin1:

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have had 31.8 and 35 RF SixC, to be honest I think the 35s are too stiff. The point of a carbon bar is to provide some dampening, the 35 I don't feel is as good as the 31.8 in that regard.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Have had 31.8 and 35 RF SixC, to be honest I think the 35s are too stiff. The point of a carbon bar is to provide some dampening, the 35 I don't feel is as good as the 31.8 in that regard.
Do you even wanker, bro? The point of a carbon bar, is to tell everyone you have a carbon bar. BTW, I have a carbon bar.

#nickstevensisachunt

Z

Zaf

I've been running, in my 35mm clamps:
- Race Face SixC 800m
- Easton Havoc DH 800m
- Chromag BZA

and in a 31.8mm
- Renthal Fatbar Carbon 780mm

They're handlebars. I like that none of them break or feel like they ever will, the grips you run will have a greater effect on how much trail is felt through your hands than the bar will. Go with what looks good!! I bought the SixC's because they came in the same Turqoise as my Yeti, the second set of Chromag's I didn't even need, they just came in Black with white and Red accents so I thought they'd look good on the Stumpy, and THEY WILL!!!

Spoilt for choice these days, get whatever feels right and that you'll be happy with.

I'm running a set of Raceface Next 35 bars and I love them. Dimensions hit the sweet spot for me at 760mm wide, 10mm rise, 8 degree sweep. Stiff too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you even wanker, bro? The point of a carbon bar, is to tell everyone you have a carbon bar. BTW, I have a carbon bar.

#nickstevensisachunt
Haha, sorry. Slow learner.
In that case you should buy the prettiest most expensive carbon bar, colour coded to your bike and matching outfit. Make sure you include how much you paid for it when bragging about it and buy a new one if it gets a scratch on it, actually, better to just ride laps of the carpark where you can show off and have maximum wanker exposure.

Is that better Knuckles?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Haha, sorry. Slow learner.
In that case you should buy the prettiest most expensive carbon bar, colour coded to your bike and matching outfit. Make sure you include how much you paid for it when bragging about it and buy a new one if it gets a scratch on it, actually, better to just ride laps of the carpark where you can show off and have maximum wanker exposure.

Is that better Knuckles?
Or get a $30 ebay special, enve stickers and good health insurance.

Although I'm starting to think I'd prefer a to a carbon bar...

#nickstevensisachunt

Last edited: