carbon operator supreme eh? what you think

big geoff

Likes Dirt
So its16.3 kg, its rocking fox float forks and its carbon. Im thinking of getting one but I was wondering what people were thinking. Still rocking the same 4 bar set up that kona is known for but I think I like the poppy active kona feel. Im comming off a banshee legend mk2 which was amazing but not super playfull and I think I like the idea of short stays and active suspension. Thoughts?????

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So its16.3 kg, its rocking fox float forks and its carbon. Im thinking of getting one but I was wondering what people were thinking. Still rocking the same 4 bar set up that kona is known for but I think I like the poppy active kona feel. Im comming off a banshee legend mk2 which was amazing but not super playfull and I think I like the idea of short stays and active suspension. Thoughts?????
well there are not many people that have ridden this new carbon kona yet to give you feedback.
my advice is, wait till its been out for a little, and find one to ride first before you buy. Your coming off a completely different bike design so it might feel better or much worse. Its all personal choice really.

morticus

Likes Dirt
My thoughts are it will be rocking

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Doesn't it have the same geo as the alloy Operator? The alloy are a super fun bike to ride, the new bike looks the shizz now, have great colour ways and it comes in carbon. Why wouldn't you buy one if you're looking at a new bike.

Big Jeff, buy one, if you don't like it, sell it to me for a fraction of the price you paid for it! ;-)

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
operators aint 4 bar?

regardless, mine was tops, just a bit small. loved the air. i imagine it would be good. this thread needs pictures!

driftking

Wheel size expert
operators aint 4 bar?

regardless, mine was tops, just a bit small. loved the air. i imagine it would be good. this thread needs pictures!

Yes it is, still uses 4-bar.

I'm openly not a fan of kona's reliability and warranty standby but performance wise they are great, but the frame in question is new and its impossible to say what it's like. I'm waiting till the bike is ridden plenty before I judge the current model, but I'm hoping they can deliver a more reliable bike if so no doubt its going to be a awesome rig,