Carbon rotors??

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Interesting. I might just send the front 200mm one I have in. Keep the 180mm rear. Then I'll have an iron in each fire. Although I'd like to try the organic pads in the front as mentioned again. I wonder if the C process is just adding pad type material. I hate to think they grind them back and remove material first.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder if they are just modifying the rotor you send back or sending u a complete new one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Crittski

Likes Dirt
Ive popped a 180 on the front and will put a 160 on the front of my road bike too. I ran up and down a few hills over twenty minutes and now they are bedded in just as well as my steel rotors were. No noise, great feel. This is with xtr calipers with finned xtr resin pads. Did a run up and down mt nebo on sunday and they were perfect. Buller this weekend should be a good test too.

No Skid Marks

I just found out the set they are sending me (first set is lost in transit) are the new C process units. I can't wait.
Oh man, you've waited so long. I'll send you my bedded in ones now, and you can send me your new ones when they come:nod:

Slowman

Likes Dirt
To decide whether steel is better than carbon for rotors I propose some "hunger games". Those that prefer steel will be armed with steel rotors and likewise the pro carbon side will be armed with carbon rotors! In the end there can be only one winner, no rules last man standing wins.

Yes this is a stupid post.

No Skid Marks

My 200mm still feels crap with sintered pads. Will throw some resins in some time. The rear 180mm feels okay, but not great with resin pads. Still hoping they'll get better. Taught me a lot. They nearly feel the same riding, but when you need more power in emergencies, it just stops getting more powerful.
Crankin have ordered a handful of the newer version in, so I'll try a set of them with resin pads and their pads and send mine back for resurface if the new ones are better. They're flooded with orders, so not many can be ordered yet.

Last edited:

Burgertron

Likes Dirt
Not sure

I've had mine on for over a dozen rides now and I'm not that impressed either. I'm running 180/170 on my Stumpy Evo with sintered pads and I wouldnt say that the stopping power is even good yet. Maybe it will continue to improve but performance seems to have stayed fairly constant since the long bed in process. I would be very keen to hear how they go after the Kettle resurfacing process and also how they work with organic pads.
Benefits-
Light
Quiet
Seem strong - slipped off a log ride onto the front with seemingly no effect though it wasnt a hard impact
Modulation seems to be great for the kind of the kind of general trail riding that I do...I dont really want to throw myself otb rather just wash off some speed to hook the corner/turn....this could translate as me trying really hard to like them and wanting to give them a proper try out before I make a decision to keep them or not.
Negatives-
Long bed in process
Dont seem to have that "I really want to stop NOW" power
Thats all for now...I will keep them on for a bit longer but I think I will ultimately switch back to regular steel rotors.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the real issue I see is that they take forever to bed in

I've got 2 sets, my commuter work great as they are used every day during the week

my set on my weekend wheels are not as good due to the fact they haven't been used as much

would never go back to steel, but if you don't ride very often they will take ages to work properly

SaabG

Likes Dirt
It's not a very fair report when you guys aren't even using the recommended pads. Why spend so much money on rotors then cheap out on buying the correct pads for the job?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's not a very fair report when you guys aren't even using the recommended pads. Why spend so much money on rotors then cheap out on buying the correct pads for the job?
I'm using the correct pads, organic Avid front and rear

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Sorry ctguru. I was referring to the others. You are using the correct pads and seem to be the only person who is happy with them.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still haven't seen my order. I'm now asking for a refund. I paid for these farkers in December FFS.
so did they end up sending up another set with a 'tracking' number?

bit unusual for 2 sets to go missing, wonder if someone has pocketed your rotors

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I'm not sure if a second set has been sent. About a month ago they said they would send some next Friday. Now they won't respond to questions regarding if they were sent and a tracking number.
I'm was so excited by the idea of these rotors. Now I'm just over it.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not sure if a second set has been sent. About a month ago they said they would send some next Friday. Now they won't respond to questions regarding if they were sent and a tracking number.
I'm was so excited by the idea of these rotors. Now I'm just over it.
bummer!! think i would be over it to if I were in your shoes