carbon xtc 29er specs

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope that the lower drive side chainstay is designed to reduce chain suck, not increase it.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty confident it will be a great machine. Giant build good bikes.

Those blue highlights remind me of the Brock Commodores during the 80's... :)

Anthem_Pete

Likes Bikes
I love that bike!! Can't wait to test ride one(If I can). Anyone know how long until their in Aust. I know they are starting to be distributed to the US market so can't be too long

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
That might not be the case here though. I have heard a couple of times now that release could be September in Australia.
Well considering 2012 bikes are in stores well before 2012 comes around and that some stores in the USA are already getting deliveries...

I've heard June.

wingy

Likes Dirt
Well considering 2012 bikes are in stores well before 2012 comes around and that some stores in the USA are already getting deliveries...

I've heard June.
Hey man, I'd be happier than most to see them come through. Hip hooray if it is June. In time to train on it for the Epic up here.
Where have you seen that shops are getting deliveries in the US? April is still very early for the release of a 2012 bike. They should be called 2011and a half bikes....

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
Hey man, I'd be happier than most to see them come through. Hip hooray if it is June. In time to train on it for the Epic up here.
Where have you seen that shops are getting deliveries in the US? April is still very early for the release of a 2012 bike. They should be called 2011and a half bikes....
I should have said I 'read' ...

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/giant-announce-new-xtc-composite-hardtail-range-29727

What's surprising, though, is that this 2012 model is shipping to US dealers right now, with other markets to follow.
I've also read on a few forums that bikes have started arriving in LBS in US. but meh... I've sold my xtc 29er... im going back to 26er :p

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
that's interesting Auskonrad.
What's made you change back?
Technically not going back. I've never ridden a 26er on dirt. My 29er (bought May 2010), was my first foray into mountain biking... and I was put on a XL by the shop cause they had one there - literally fitted by the 'aww yeah, looks good' method by the guy there.

And as I didn't know much at the time, (didn't even really know about the whole 29er thing) off I went. 1 year later, although I've gotten used to it, and I've gotten some great results on it, and I've had some great fun - I want to start again. Whilst I've had fun, it's been rough getting to this point.

This time I know what I'm doing - know whats out there, and know what I want. Bought a 2011 Giant Trance X1. In a Large frame :p

But not to derail the thread - I must say, I do like the aesthetics of the XTC 29-0. I'm impressed they've moved on and are marketing it at the high end of the market, rather than solely targeting the punter. I believe it will truly help people to shut up about 26 v 29 and think more about 'which bike should i use for this specific event'.

krisko

Likes Dirt
For the weenies:

Size large=1.39kg! largest asymmetrical down tube ever,powercore bottom bracket, asymmetrical chainstays are also oversize.

Thats 310 grams lighter then the alloy XTC29.