Cargo Bikes

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I've been eying something like this off for sometime now - these sorts of bikes come in various forms from 3-wheeled 'box-style' jobs to conventional bikes with extended stays for payload on the back but the style I'm after more resembles this:

Has anyone ever ridden anything like this? More to the point, have you ridden it in traffic? I hear that handling isn't the best.

Also, if anyone knows of any local/affordable places where these sorts of things are sold/fabricated, do please let us know.

Cheers!

gregb

Likes Dirt
As an observation, from watching bike couriers throw them around they can be quite maneuverable.

al_

Likes Dirt
I've been eying something like this off for sometime now - these sorts of bikes come in various forms from 3-wheeled 'box-style' jobs to conventional bikes with extended stays for payload on the back but the style I'm after more resembles this:

Has anyone ever ridden anything like this? More to the point, have you ridden it in traffic? I hear that handling isn't the best.

Also, if anyone knows of any local/affordable places where these sorts of things are sold/fabricated, do please let us know.

Cheers!
I had a clockwork bullitt for a week recently. I haven't written the review yet, but it was great. Low speed handling took a few minutes to get a feel for, but within 5kms i was splitting lanes on a busy road without too much stress.

They are at the better end of the cargo bike market though. Not cheap, but fast, light and quite good fun to ride. There are lots of cheap Chinese versions on the market, but they would be heavy and pretty rubbish from what i have seen.

Check this link out - i'm sure Emmy or Jurgen would be happy to give you specific advice. http://dutchcargobike.com.au/