Castle Hill Ride

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There has been some talk{mainly by me} about devloping Fred catterson as a riding venue. a few of us are going to check it out on friday 24/4/09. Ill give the tour as i know the place quite well. Meet place would be the bmx track. I drive a Blue subaru hatchback. I can do anytime from 2.oo onwards but the majority will rule on exact meeting time but i would suggest no later than 3.30 4.00 the more the merrier ride will go for 1.5 hours roughly.

Last edited:

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Friday Ride

Hey Spudatm,
Count me in for sure i have some free time on Friday,As for the ride time i am flexable, See you there !!!
Will check back later for confermation on a ride time.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill go the most convenient time as posted by Thursday night. Just out of interest how many people have lights. im keen to make this a regular thing if others are keen and not just at Catto

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Weekly ride

I have been looking for a group to ride with !

Ps have order my new ayup lights today for the odd night ride !

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Hey all,

I'm from Northmead, so not far from Castle Hill. Fred Caterson... Is that at the end of Excelsior Ave? I've done the normal tracks on my bike, some seem as though they are a little more walking-orientated though. Are these the tracks you are talking about? If not, where exactly are the ones you are referring to?

Also, I'm looking for a roadie or XC to ride with on weeknights (and even on weekends) in the area.. Most of my DH riding buddies live a fair way away.

Lorday

Eats Squid
I'm in for friday. No lights though. Anytimes good. I'll be on the blue gt, white rear rim, read helmet. Names: Alex

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'd be keen to check it out for sure. I don't get off work until 5:30pm though so I guess I'll be up for the night rides.

Tommoevo

Cannon Fodder
Bugger am in Thredbo, would be interested to hear a review of what it's like.

maxwolfie: I'm just off Hammers Road by the roundabout near old windsor road.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

I'm from Northmead, so not far from Castle Hill. Fred Caterson... Is that at the end of Excelsior Ave? I've done the normal tracks on my bike, some seem as though they are a little more walking-orientated though. Are these the tracks you are talking about? If not, where exactly are the ones you are referring to?

Also, I'm looking for a roadie or XC to ride with on weeknights (and even on weekends) in the area.. Most of my DH riding buddies live a fair way away.
No its off showground road in castle hill the one your thinking of has two names ie excelsior or eric mobbs

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think we can cover most of the trails in hour 45 roughly if we have to skip anything it will be the boring stuff.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking at the response perhaps we should make it a regular thing. We've got three venues in the area so would could mix it up a bit.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
booooooo ... I come off 9 weeks of unemployment and you organise a ride week one of work .... bah. :)

Saturday anyone ?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry Nerf although there are plenty of people keen to do this regularly and im back at work next week so this will probably be the only early one

dek_norco

Likes Dirt
is there any sort of downhill freeride, i know theres a bmx track there but anything i can ride my dh bike with, as thats all i have to ride at the moment my shorter travel dualy is still in pieces.