Castle hill

TyP

Squid
Sat

heading out for a look tomorrow, never riden there before so hopfuly I find the place. Do you park at the car park at mary street? or up the dirt trail? If you see someone on a black and yellow demo and they look lost please point me in the right direction hahaha

Ty

blkluxy73

Likes Bikes
Seeing this thread is getting a bit of traffic, got something to get of my chest, not aimed at anyone in particular, unless you're guilty in which case.... :argue:

I cleaned up around the start ramps and filled 4 big garbage bags of shit left behind by lazy bastards that can't be bothered taking it out with them......:rant: and there is still alot of rubbish down where the main downhill run enters the clearing.

If you have the ability to carry stuff in (like water bottles, gels, food stuffs like maccas and whatever else) there is no excuse for not being able to carry the rubbish back out with you.

We have a sweet location at Castle Hill, it's on private property and the least we can do is show some respect and keep the place clean.
totally agree with this,private property tracks should not resemble a fastfood carpark..exactly why some trails are kept on the lowdown..

Guy From Nowhere

Likes Bikes
I went out there for the first time today and met some great blokes giving the trails a run. I was really impressed with the effort that has gone into the place and wanted to thank those responsible. (I even carted out someone else's rubbish in respect for you guys) I'm not sure you Gus are receiving credit where credits due, but I sure an appreciative.

See you on the trails,
GFN

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Some information for those who ride at Castle Hill, more so the downhill tracks on the highway side.

PS: I'm not this "Mick" this is Doppers, the guy who builds alot of the stuff out there and knows the owner.

Just a heads up, be sensible and just stay off his property, maybe he'll come around if we respect his wishes.

ATT All.........

Just had a call from Krugg this morning he has decided that he doesn’t want any riders on his property from this point on...... unless you have direct permission from him..... Why????? not quite sure ...... may have something to do with the fact he was bidding for that property next door and with all the dramas some riders have been giving him with the clearing of his property think he’s just had enough ... and it sucks cause I had a whole trail network planned on his side once he had finished he's mulching with his blessing .... Any case that means that lane and part of my climbing track out of the tree line across to hooker will have to be rebuilt inside the boundary that the council have brought for us.... he has asked me to let you all know anyone caught on his property will have their bikes ceased and be dealt with by the law.... and let me tell ya the guy he has working for him is a loose cannon and I’m sure he will do whatever it takes to in force Krugg's wishers just for the fun of it so be aware guys ..... Anyway As I'm sure you will all agree it's not the worst thing in the world...the trail loop I’ve been working on over there is all on the council side apart from lane and that small amount of my climbing track..... Unless the boundary that Krugg has put in is wrong does anyone have the boundary plans????? Cheers Mick

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
That sounds pretty crap, where abouts is his property boundaries? I really want to head out there in the near future and I don't want to accidentally stir him up.

Michae1

Likes Dirt
http://goo.gl/maps/Wg805http://goo.gl/maps/Wg805

There is a google map of the non highway side, anything in that orange boundary is a no go zone.

This rules out ALL the downhill tracks that head toward the highway.

Also before anyone goes out and just rides it anyway, especially those who liked to shuttle out there, you're not just risking getting yourself in the shit, but everyone who rides there doing the right thing, some of whom have been riding Castle for many years.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
use that ability of yours that has gotten you where you are today....you know, the no gag reflex thing

allanw

Squid
I have only really ridden on the side of the hill that is now off limits but have really enjoyed the times I have had out there. Does the other side that we are allowed to ride on have much in the way of downhill? If not, and the off limits area remains that way permanently, do you think that there would be a chance of a downhill track being built in the area we are allowed to ride? I would volunteer some time to help build one if it came to that, provided that it is legal to do so.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have only really ridden on the side of the hill that is now off limits but have really enjoyed the times I have had out there. Does the other side that we are allowed to ride on have much in the way of downhill? If not, and the off limits area remains that way permanently, do you think that there would be a chance of a downhill track being built in the area we are allowed to ride? I would volunteer some time to help build one if it came to that, provided that it is legal to do so.
Hey Mate, Most of the racing that ever happened at Castle was on the other side of the hill. There is at least two tracks that were raced still going. They just don't have the supercross/slopestyle jumps of the otherside.

rick79

Likes Dirt
I think I know the one you're talking about, I've only been down it once...ages ago and it was overgrown to the point I was struggling to walk down.

Someone might have cleaned it up, as you can see the exit near the pit at the end of Inca.
..this track is getting pretty ridable now..even at speed.

...need a few kickers here and there tho i reckon...would be good to do somthing with that steep gully after the wooden structure :evil:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
..this track is getting pretty ridable now..even at speed.

...need a few kickers here and there tho i reckon...would be good to do somthing with that steep gully after the wooden structure :evil:
Little bit of wasted vert, needs a corner or steep hip after the wooden ramp. Make a couple of slamming steep corners in memory of the ones on Double or nothing.

allanw

Squid
Hey Mate, Most of the racing that ever happened at Castle was on the other side of the hill. There is at least two tracks that were raced still going. They just don't have the supercross/slopestyle jumps of the otherside.
Thanks Andy, which two tracks are those? I might head out there on the weekend and check them out.

rick79

Likes Dirt
Thanks Andy, which two tracks are those? I might head out there on the weekend and check them out.
Roweys and World Cup...both start from the start roll in mound...and it walking up from mary st side...i beleive its all on council land...correct me if im wrong anyone?

Andy...heck yeah man..im super keen to make somthing decent on that track...you ever go out and dig mate?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Roweys and World Cup...both start from the start roll in mound...and it walking up from mary st side...i beleive its all on council land...correct me if im wrong anyone?

Andy...heck yeah man..im super keen to make somthing decent on that track...you ever go out and dig mate?
hey Rick,

I would be one of the main Trail fairies at Castle. Been digging on and off for years. Will be something on the list for sure. Now that this has happened I also need some people to help me finish the track that goes from the 180 degree corner on INCA upto the Phils/Hooker intersection.

rick79

Likes Dirt
hey Rick,

I would be one of the main Trail fairies at Castle. Been digging on and off for years. Will be something on the list for sure. Now that this has happened I also need some people to help me finish the track that goes from the 180 degree corner on INCA upto the Phils/Hooker intersection.
ahh sweet man...If i didnt have three small kiddies i would out there digging a whole bunch too :evil:

Funny you should mention that new track that needs finishing, as walking back up Inca thismorn i spotted an unfinished track...that starts near the end of Hooker i think (heading towards and just before the start of Phils DH), and then comes out onto Inca on the last corner before it flattens out?

Weekend time is EXTREMELY limited (an hr or 2) but id be keen to come help you finish it, or do somthing on the seesaw track (or start a new one beside it) if your keen?