Cavalier Wins Final National DH Round

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Downhill

Amiel Cavalier ended a stellar season by winning the fourth and final round of the National Mountain Bike Downhill in Mt Beauty today. The young Wollongong rider rode a 3.15.21 a full 2 seconds quicker than Mt Beauty downhiller Liam Panozzo. Third was professional downhill rider Jared Rando from Canberra only a half a second behind. Blue Mountains’ rider, Rick Boyer was fourth.

Full MTBA release here.

Elite Men:
1. Amiel Cavalier - 3:15.21
2. Liam Panozzo - 3:17.15
3. Jared Rando - 3:17.74
4. Rick Boyer -3:21.61
5. Tim Eaton - 3:22.26
6. Shane Wode -3:23.09
7. Ben Cory - 3:24.20
8. Michael Kearton - 3:25.21
9. Craig Yates - 3:26.94
10. Brad Kelly - 3:26.96

Elite Women:
1. Emma McNaughton - 4:05.47
2. Claire Whiteman - 4:19.53
3. Joanne Fox - 4:22.87

U19 Men:
1. James Maltman - 3:18.16
2. Will Rischbieth - 3:26.65
3. David Heatherington - 3:29.23

Full DH results here (pdf).

Cross Country

Elite Men:
1. Daniel McConnell
2. Sid Taberlay
3. Paul Rowney
4. Murray Spink
5. Paul Van der Ploeg

Full XC results here (pdf).

Attachments

Last edited:

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
13 year old rider Troy Bronson wouldve come 7th in U19 with a 3:39... :eek:
He is going to be rediculously fast in 5 years when he is actually in u19.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Am I seeing things or is Paul Rowney racing Pro XC again?
The old bugger found some fitness in that withered body of his! He raced the short-track as well bad had some bad luck whilst in the lead group.

As for the DH, full props to everyone involved. I thoroughly enjoyed having bugger all wait for a shuttle the entire weekend. The trailers rocked too. My only gripe was that stupid cheese grater after the chute which sent many people to hospital, but other then that it was an awesome weekend.

Home-J

Likes Dirt
Am I seeing things or is Paul Rowney racing Pro XC again?
Rowney raced elite mens on saturday and for the first three laps really took it to Sid. Then in short track he had a stupid crash early on and managed to work his way back on to the lead group. Well done Paul VDP for 5th in elite men Short track. Not a bad effort for a 17yearold. Also I hope someone captured Winns crash at the start of the short track.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
13 year old rider Troy Bronson wouldve come 7th in U19 with a 3:39... :eek:
He is going to be rediculously fast in 5 years when he is actually in u19.
I'm not kidding when I say that I really struggle to understand his speed. It has to be see to be believed. Not to mention he was the smallest kid I saw across all classes and isnt even on a full on bike yet.

S.

ex offender
As for the DH, full props to everyone involved. I thoroughly enjoyed having bugger all wait for a shuttle the entire weekend. The trailers rocked too. My only gripe was that stupid cheese grater after the chute which sent many people to hospital, but other then that it was an awesome weekend.
Ditto that - other than the actual race run transport being messed up for half of Expert, it was some of the best transport I've seen. Max wait time = 15 minutes = win.

I didn't mind the cheese grater (mainly cos I came into it at Mach 0.00) actually, and I thought the bottom of the course was just plain awesome.

Az

Likes Dirt
The old bugger found some fitness in that withered body of his! He raced the short-track as well bad had some bad luck whilst in the lead group.
QUOTE]

That wasnt bad luck in the short course, its was stupidity he was trying to show of for one of the cameramen!! Crossing it up jumping over a root!!

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not kidding when I say that I really struggle to understand his speed. It has to be see to be believed. Not to mention he was the smallest kid I saw across all classes and isnt even on a full on bike yet.
what bike was this young fella on?
the white nomad?