Cert 2/3 Bicycles

ikon

Likes Dirt
this is a course that has been around for a few years now. it's a combined thing between TAFE and the MTA, you have to be working in a bike shop to do it as most of the learning is meant to be on the job and this is how you get enough practice, access to tools and victims or bikes. has anyone done this, what do they think of it. also are there any similar undertakings for the general public

Ruzz

Likes Dirt
im doing a certt 3 in bicycle mechanics only just started but really likeing it

ikon

Likes Dirt
how did you get into that and are you paying for it or is the shop, assuming you are working at one

Lube

Likes Dirt
Hey mate. I'm doing a Cert III as a Scool Based Apprentiship as part of my year 12 studies at school. Enjoying it so far but still working on all the OH&S stuff and not so much of the bike stuff yet (mind you, I know most of that stuff having work in a shop for a fair while now) Just doing it to get a piece of paper that says Im qualified. School is paying for it :)

ikon

Likes Dirt
cool, must track down the moron who has not returned my calls from 12 months ago, not chased him cos i lost his number i guess he lost mine too