chain device for xt 2x10

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi i am looking for a chain device to fit 2012 XT 2x10 on a banshee rune frame with ISCG05 mounts. Looking at either 38/26 or 40/28 chain rings.

Is there anything available for this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

niki125

Likes Dirt
I'm running the 40-28 rings on a Yeti-7 with a Blackspire Stinger. Wwrks a treat, just don't run the roller too close or it'll chew out like mine did.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
cSixx Doubler guide will be landing soon

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/feature/Sneak-Peek-cSixx-175gh-Guide,89

Unlike the competition cSixx are fully moulded in the same factory as the Leatt Carbon Neck Brace.

Designed to slide on impact with Kevlar reinforcing, but unlike high modulus products (roadie frames as an example) that shatter on impact, the cSixx guides uses a low modulus carbon weave to take advantage of its more flexible characteristics so that the guides deflect on impact and spring back to position.

More on cSixx guides here

Attachments

Rasatouche

Likes Bikes
+1 for the stinger, had em on a couple of bikes, cheap, works well, no dropped chains, albeit I've only used em on 2x9, works fine with a bash on them though.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
pretty sure you can't mount bashguards on 2x10 crankset.
Yes and no.

For an actual 2x10 you are currently right and the bashy won't work as there is no where to mount it. But where people are using 3 ring cranks and converting to 2x10, then as per normal the bashy replaces the big ring.

From Mr cSixx himself
The doubler does work with a 2x10 setup however without the outer ring. You just need to setup the front derailleur so that it does not push the chain over the top otherwise it will derail the guide at the bottom [a la stinger]. In the current version, the ideal setup is with a 3 x setup with the Carbon ring taking the place of the large chain ring. We will be working on a carbon ring that fits the 2x setup pretty soon though.