Chain reaction cycles

sawnoff666

Likes Dirt
I usually use CRC all the time but after my last order I will be reconsidering using them again.
I placed an order on 18th June for a fox helmet, saddle, chain guide and grips. I got the conformation email and the money came out of my account but a week later it said my order was "submitted" but not "processed". So I sent off an email to ask what the delay was. I wasn't worried. Delays happen. Three days later, no reply. Sent another email asking again if there was some delay, at least they could inform me. Another three days and just about to send another email but I get a reply.

CRC: Sorry about the delay. Problem with PayPal or our ordering system so they say. Then tell me they are processing my order but they are out of stock on the chain guide in black. Pick another colour.

Me: I didn't order black, I ordered blue.

CRC: No you didn't. You ordered black.

Me: I ordered blue. Then I write down the details of the item they sent me in the conformation email.

CRC: Umm...sorry. That is out of stock. Pick another colour.

By this time I've got steam coming out my ears.

Me: Are you joking. I ordered this two weeks ago and it was in stock. Sort it out and send my what I ordered as soon as possible.

CRC: Good news. We have just got your chain guide back in stock in blue ISCG05.

Me: It's ISCG OLD. It can't be that hard can it. Here is a screenshot of my whole order. Try reading it and you might find out what I ordered.

An hour later

CRC: Sorry for the delay. Your order has prossed and sent via DHL express.

That was Friday 4th July. Order arrived Monday 7th July. Open it up. Look at my goodies. Chain guide all good. Grips all good. Saddle all good. Helmet? Rubbish. Didn't even pull it out of the box. Paint chips and damage to the visor. It couldn't have happened during transport as the packaging was in perfect condition and inside was filled with those airbag packet things so it was obviously sent damaged. What the f#ck is wrong with those morons? How the hell can they make so many mistakes. They didn't even put any discount vouchers in the box. How rude.
I sent another email but no reply yet but that doesn't surprise me. The worst thing is, I'm going away riding with my brother in law on Friday. What do I do. Wear the helmet until they sent me a new one or wear the old skid lid and have the shits all weekend.

I'm a little bit angry:mad2:

teK--

Eats Squid
I've noticed CRC slower to ship now and reply to emails. Used to be get your order in before 2pm UK time and it ships same day. Now takes 2-3 days on average.

Now with so much competition from Jenson, Star Bikes, Bike-discount, MTB Direct, I'm shopping much less with CRC and Wiggle.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Weird, all my orders are still shipping on, or one day after I place it.

They responded to my recent emails within 12 hours of sending, too!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Ordered a new Zee drivetrain for the DH bike, was using non clutch XT, so this should be awesome in quieting things down.

Ordered a handful of titanium bolts aswell as the rusty ones on the bike are shitting me... OCD thing I guess.

One packed came with only one bolt (one bole missing), looks like the packaging was 'mended' prior to shipping, I imagine they'll send out another bolt express with no questions asked...

mystery voucher, I am hoping for at least 50% off the next order.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I ordered an X01 groupset in two separate orders last Thursday night. Both shipped DHL for free a few hours apart.

First package was at the PO Box on Monday morning, second one arrive this morning .... can't complain about that !

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
Just ordered most of the drivetrain from CRC, made a mistake on the cassette. Refund straight away (and removed from order). Order not sent as of yet. Was ordered monday

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Why on merlin? (if its Shimano, that is) Cant beat them on Shimano drivetrain prices.
xt groupset with brakes for $688.22 delivered is pretty reasonable deal right there.
XTR for just over $1200.

There some bang on deals I must say.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
I just got two sets of brakes from them, on XT for $200, one Saint for $400. Here in Japan Saints go for $360 an end. Standard post and they arrived in 5 days. Japan Post does shit all over Aus Post though.

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
Why on merlin? (if its Shimano, that is) Cant beat them on Shimano drivetrain prices.

Sorry moorey, should of been more specific. SRAM x9 RD, and x9 10s shifter, e13 extendacog. Ended up doing an Race face evolve NW single crank from wiggle for the 20 dollar saving. Just got to sort a cheap SRAM 11-36t cassette! Brakes and bits are already sorted.

lewis84 lewis84

Likes Dirt
I ordered a new set of forks and brake rotors last week. 6 days to regional NSW is unreal and rivals aus post out of Sydney for me, this was including the weekend!

thrillseeker

Likes Bikes
Ordered a WTB saddle, Ritchey stem, Crank Brothers bars and some good old Wellgo pedals on the 4th of this month, and got a shipping confirmation email the next day (5th). Says the carrier is parcelforce, and this being my first crc order I'm hoping it rocks up early next week!

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Well if we were racing here, Jensons vs CRC, Jensons are across the line, showered and changed, kicking back with a beer, while Chain Reaction are still working out exactly what it is they are racing.
Ordered from CRC, 2 in fact, on Monday the 30th of June, both shipped on Thursday 3rd of July. Still in transit, no tracking.
Ordered from Jensons on Saturday the 5th of July, shipped on Monday the 7th of July, arrived on Thursday the 10th of July.
Yes. Yesterday. 4 working days to my door. I couldn't believe it. PLUS the order was cheaper than CRC!
So I will now seriously consider ordering again with Chain Reaction. I get it that the Jenson order is an anomaly, but if they can be that much quicker, they'll get my business next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jensons charge for express freight, did you pay for express freight at CRC? I did and CRC arrived in the same speedy time. Maybe I was just lucky? I can only guess you went for the cheaper or free freight from CRC as I had very accurate tracking from them. You have to compare apples with apples.

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
My latest order from CRC was placed about 4:30pm on Wednesday... shipped an hour later, free shipping, sent by Royal Mail... should have it mid next week.

:llama:

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Jensons charge for express freight, did you pay for express freight at CRC? I did and CRC arrived in the same speedy time. Maybe I was just lucky? I can only guess you went for the cheaper or free freight from CRC as I had very accurate tracking from them. You have to compare apples with apples.
Absolutely. I didn't pay express for either. Free shipping from both. Spent over $100 with each order with CRC, and over $50 qualified for free shipping with Jensons (order over $150 anyway).

Free : Free = Apples : Apples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, my understanding is Jensons free shipping was only within the US, that's what there site says anyway. My recent order well over $50 included a freight charge.

I don't mind paying for freight if I want it promptly, if people want free freight, don't complain if it takes longer I say.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Chain reaction cycles ??

Definitely didn't pay shipping, unless you count the $1-odd difference.The original order was $179.00 or thereabouts, then after shipping it was about $180. Some of the items I ordered were listed on the confirmation as a lower price, and then $27.50 or something added for freight, so the net cost was near enough to the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I've got a mystery discount code for CRC from my last order, just tried using it and it says invalid format. Anyone know what format to use other than just putting in have numbers and letters? Should I be using spaces between each one or something?

Sent by courier pigeon