Chain reaction cycles

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
My experiences with CRC for October orders...

Date Ordered :27 October, 2014 <<not arrived yet>>
Order Number :---
Order Status :SHIPPED

Hope Pro 2 Conversion Kit - Front 15mm
E Thirteen Turbocharger Ring Bolt Set
Order Total: A$72.22

Date Ordered :24 October, 2014 <<not arrived yet>>

Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo SP - Stans Flow EX Rear
Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo SP - Stans Flow EX Front
Order Total: A$568.97

Date Ordered :23 October, 2014 <<Arrived 27th OCT>>

Shimano XT M770 9 Speed Trigger Shifter
Shimano XTR Trail E-Thru Rear Axle M988
Shimano XTR Gear Cable Set PTFE Coated
more items1+5 more items
Order Total: A$145.29

Date Ordered :19 October, 2014 <<not arrived yet>>

Crank Brothers Cobalt 1 Straight Seatpost
Maxxis Welter Weight MTB Tube
RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air Forks - 15mm 2015
more items12+5 more items
Order Total: A$1350.81

Date Ordered :17 October, 2014 <<not arrived yet>>

Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo - Stans Arch EX Rear
Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo - Stans Arch EX Front

Date Ordered :09 October, 2014 <<<Arrived 27th OCT Free postage>>>

Shimano Mineral Oil
Shimano Shimano XTR-XT Pads - Cooling Fin
ODI Rogue MTB Lock-On Bonus Pack

All these orders using $20 postage options, lot of inconsistencies... Will be using DHL next time...
4 of these have not touch Australia yet according to Auspost trackin system. must be some sort of delays going on...

And yes, i did go on a spending spree for a bike new build

Last edited:

houli77

Likes Dirt
I've had two separate orders come through in less than a week, both free option but sent dhl.

I'm building a new bike so both orders were close to 1k worth.

Think crc may send more expensive small packages dhl even if free option is taken. Both my boxes were small and valuable, like xo1 group, xtr brakes and such..

I love the SMS alert u can setup on dhl deliveries. I rush home from work when I get the "with delivery driver" text

Minlak

custom titis
I've had two separate orders come through in less than a week, both free option but sent dhl.

I'm building a new bike so both orders were close to 1k worth.

Think crc may send more expensive small packages dhl even if free option is taken. Both my boxes were small and valuable, like xo1 group, xtr brakes and such..

I love the SMS alert u can setup on dhl deliveries. I rush home from work when I get the "with delivery driver" text
I am regional so I get "Delivery arranged no details expected" as soon as it clears customs :) So from then on its an Auspost guessathon.:clock:

Beej1

All these orders using $20 postage options, lot of inconsistencies... Will be using DHL next time...
Bugger ... thought I was onto a good thing paying $20. But I too am sitting on the "I've left Coventry" status for a few days. The next update I'm guessing will be the package arriving. Who know's when that'll be.

Luckily I'm not really in a hurry as I have to wait till next week to order OneUp rings + RAD cage. They could potentially arrive first.

It's not like I was expecting it to arrive faster for paying the $20 ... I just thought the tracking would be a little more concise. I guess compared to 10 years ago we're on a good thing. 10 years from now I wonder if I'll be able to locate my order on a map in real-time as it's moving, and if it'll arrive by drone like Amazon do.

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
Bugger ... thought I was onto a good thing paying $20. But I too am sitting on the "I've left Coventry" status for a few days. The next update I'm guessing will be the package arriving. Who know's when that'll be.

Luckily I'm not really in a hurry as I have to wait till next week to order OneUp rings + RAD cage. They could potentially arrive first.

It's not like I was expecting it to arrive faster for paying the $20 ... I just thought the tracking would be a little more concise. I guess compared to 10 years ago we're on a good thing. 10 years from now I wonder if I'll be able to locate my order on a map in real-time as it's moving, and if it'll arrive by drone like Amazon do.

Phew glad im not the only one... im stuck on:

Wed 22 Oct 2014 03:13 | Processed through facility | COVENTRY (GB)

When did you place that order?

takai

Eats Squid
Given people seem to keep paying for shipping its worth repeating the usual trick of putting a tub of isotonic or protein in with the order shifts it to DHL. My tiny order of pedals, rear derailleur and bar tape arrived in 4 days as per usual, courtesy of a tub of protein recovery :)

Minlak

custom titis

These took nearly 4 weeks to arrive using their free freight option. I know 5 people locally using them now too all 4 week waits as well..... Just saying

Minlak

custom titis
Given people seem to keep paying for shipping its worth repeating the usual trick of putting a tub of isotonic or protein in with the order shifts it to DHL. My tiny order of pedals, rear derailleur and bar tape arrived in 4 days as per usual, courtesy of a tub of protein recovery :)
$25 for 2kgs and made freight DHL whilst using free freight option.

template_sample.jpg

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Got a brake adaptor in the speedy time of 6 weeks (I actually forgot about it because I changed rotor size in the end).

Then ordered just a stem with the free shipping and got that in 2 weeks flat.

I have no ide what is going on.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wiggle: ordered Friday 24th afternoon. Sitting on my desk 10am this morning, 1 working day turnaround :woot:
This was free post I might add :first: I've always seemed to have faster post from wiggle, even before crc went to shit.

Even beat moorey to the post office. Damn him being gainfully employed now :tsk:

Beej1

Phew glad im not the only one... im stuck on:

Wed 22 Oct 2014 03:13 | Processed through facility | COVENTRY (GB)

When did you place that order?
Dispatched 21/10.

These took nearly 4 weeks to arrive using their free freight option. I know 5 people locally using them now too all 4 week waits as well..... Just saying
Pretty sure waldog got his quicker than that. But in any case, can't order till next week so it doesn't really matter. Got plenty of other things to do to bike before putting it back together with these parts anyway (strip paint, spray clear, install new pivot bearings, install new wheel bearings etc). Thanks for the heads up though.

$25 for 2kgs and made freight DHL whilst using free freight option.

View attachment 301269
44% sugar, of which 30% is fructose. For me ... that's agonising gut pain in a tub. But I might check out what other large tub-like stuff I can get if I need to order off CRC again one day.

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHL my fork arrived already, I thought it would be tomorrow at best but was expecting more like Friday. Hopefully the other parcel gets here before the weekend...star nut and stuff lol.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
DHL my fork arrived already, I thought it would be tomorrow at best but was expecting more like Friday. Hopefully the other parcel gets here before the weekend...star nut and stuff lol.
Have you read the rest of this thread? Small 20¢ part, integral to the installation of big ticket component, already received? Mid December at best :behindsofa:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you read the rest of this thread? Small 20¢ part, integral to the installation of big ticket component, already received? Mid December at best :behindsofa:
Yes yes, fingers crossed, won't get my hopes up too much. At least I have the lovely new fork to admire in the meantime (as opposed to the other parcel coming first). And it's not Friday yet :) ....oh hang on when is that a good thing? haha

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yes yes, fingers crossed, won't get my hopes up too much. At least I have the lovely new fork to admire in the meantime (as opposed to the other parcel coming first). And it's not Friday yet :) ....oh hang on when is that a good thing? haha
Haha..indeed.

At least if it gets the better of you, its a cheap easily sourced part from the lbs.

Wait, don't you live in the pilbra or something? Your lbs must actually be CRC

dr1ver

Squid
Anyone bought a bike from CRC?
Average shipping time?
Arrive in good condition??
I bought a Mega couple years ago. I believe it arrived in about a week in this enormous box.

The bike was built! Except for the handlebars. Great service! Came with a wrench for the pedals, mini toolset and a crc bag.

Beej1

1.6kg of Protein: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/high5-protein-recovery-drum-1-6kg/rp-prod4938

A bit more expensive, but cheap for protein powder.
Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Been meaning to find a decent powder like that.

It's worth noting that:
Chocolate Flavour: 44% sugar (in order of quantity: Maltodextrin, Sucrose (itself 50% Fructose), Fructose, Dextrose)
Summer Fruits: 33% sugar (same order)
Banana Vanilla: 13% sugar (only Malto & Fructose)

That's a significant difference there. Think I'll be getting the Banana Vanilla.