Chain reaction cycles

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Parcel locker is only for the deliver of Australia post delivered items, had the local post shop refuse to put it in the locker they made me got to the counter and told me off explaining how it's Aus post only.

Iic this also covers startrack as they are owned by them
Ordered a shit load of stuff from CRC to delivery to a parcel locker.

If you choose free post option, the package comes via an auspost agent and I've had no issues with deliveries.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

mekros

Likes Dirt
Parcel locker is only for the deliver of Australia post delivered items, had the local post shop refuse to put it in the locker they made me got to the counter and told me off explaining how it's Aus post only.

Iic this also covers startrack as they are owned by them
I use parcel locker and have had random things delivered to it. Sign up with Auspost, there is even an option to get it delivered to your local Post Office if the parcel won't fit the parcel locker.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Ordered a shit load of stuff from CRC to delivery to a parcel locker.

If you choose free post option, the package comes via an auspost agent and I've had no issues with deliveries.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
It was a free post package that had the local post shop having a go at me, it was delivered by toll last time iirc

loc81

Likes Dirt
Besides GST and shipping, does anyone got some info on potential fees that I could get slugged with when an order over $1000 comes into the country? Looking at a complete bike around the 2k mark if that helps.
Cheers!

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Besides GST and shipping, does anyone got some info on potential fees that I could get slugged with when an order over $1000 comes into the country? Looking at a complete bike around the 2k mark if that helps.
Cheers!
pretty sure there's a customs processing fee. Used to be around $70 from memoty.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Cheers!
Duty fees, iirc it's 0 on components but 5% on frames, not sure how it works out in a complete bike

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It varies believe it or not, some get charged GST and a small fee. Others get GST, Import Tax, Customs processing fee ect...

I would allow for ~$150 per $1000. A bike from On-One at $1500 cost me approx $250 if I remember right... theres a thread on here that talks all about this.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I put an order in on May 4th, only to be advised one of the items was out of stock (arriving shortly), which meant they would hold the entire order and send it altogether... I emailed them after waiting two weeks, and had them to tell me the order had been dispatched May 18th. The only issue I had, and they still haven't resolved is; short of the paypal receipt I received after ordering the goodies and the money being debited from my account, there is no record of me purchasing anything on CRC's system. While they acknowledge I've made and paid for an order, it doesn't show up in my account under "My orders". Also, I've received four emails from them in three days saying all is good though they're unable (yet) to provided an email confirming the sale or tracking details... I'm hoping the issue is resolved this coming week as I'd like something confirming my purchase and some tracking details just in case...

It's not a major thing yet, and I realize I'm probably a little too excited while waiting for my new goodies, though this purchase has been a little sloppier than I've experienced to date.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Had to send my guides back for warranty, emailed me when they received them, gave me estimate on turn around, emailed to say claim complete and new set ordered and should be dispatched within 24hrs. Emailed yesterday to see if I could get tracking number and got reply last night. Hoping they turn up today or tomorrow. Been pretty smooth from my end for first time sending something back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered hope brakes on Tuesday 16th May - arrived Monday 21st May. Crc remain lightning fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Ordered hope brakes on Tuesday 16th May - arrived Monday 21st May. Crc remain lightning fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too ordered Hope brakes, was finally advised they were in stock 17/05, despatched 18/05 and showing out for delivery today. When I checked the status this afternoon I saw the delivery was on hold due to damage:(

CRC = fast shipping. Postal carriers = destroyers of happiness

Ideate

So not having used CRC for a couple years I see they have a new shipper.... is Skynet their express DHL type option, whats the transit time like
Yeah but it's usually not worth paying the extra because the free shipping turns up about a day or two later.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
My CRC order was posted via skynet. Local courier was Toll. I hate Toll.

Toll refuse to drop your order at a local post office (when delivery attempted but no-one home).
I wasted an entire day waiting for re-delivery.
I could have gone to their local depot and been home in 90min round trip, and gone for a ride on a great sunny autumn day.

First world problems, but fuck them.

Also, the pickers at CRC didn't bother to put a bit of bubble wrap in the large-ish box to stop all the metal parts smacking into each other.
That would have been a nice touch.

If there is a parcel locker option, or if they will deliver to a post office box, I will take one of those options next time.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
My CRC order was posted via skynet. Local courier was Toll. I hate Toll.

Toll refuse to drop your order at a local post office (when delivery attempted but no-one home).
I wasted an entire day waiting for re-delivery.
I could have gone to their local depot and been home in 90min round trip, and gone for a ride on a great sunny autumn day.
You haven't seen my local TNT guy. They somehow have contracted the local newsagent as the parcel holder for non deliveries. The drivers know this so they don't even bother attempting a deliver. Guy at the newsagent blew it because I was like the hundredth guy to turn up without a slip. He rekons the drivers don't even bother delivering and just claim they made an attempt and dump the stuff at his place. Kicker is it's two suburbs away and has worse opening hours than the depot.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
You haven't seen my local TNT guy. They somehow have contracted the local newsagent as the parcel holder for non deliveries. The drivers know this so they don't even bother attempting a deliver. Guy at the newsagent blew it because I was like the hundredth guy to turn up without a slip. He rekons the drivers don't even bother delivering and just claim they made an attempt and dump the stuff at his place. Kicker is it's two suburbs away and has worse opening hours than the depot.
yeah, that does suck arse. I use TNT for business. fortunately our local dude is good. diligent AF. bit of a rarity it seems.

I would be ringing TNT and tearing them a new one (civilly as possible). and make sure you get a receipt number for the conversation. email them too. If they are not even carding you, they are not following correct procedure, and if it's a regular thing, the courier/subcontractor should get his arse kicked for it. if it's happened more than once, make mention of that too.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Yeah but it's usually not worth paying the extra because the free shipping turns up about a day or two later.
hmm....stuff is on its way but the Skynet tracking looks shit too, 48hrs since sent and its still not in the system....is this normal, hahah

Calvin27

Eats Squid
yeah, that does suck arse. I use TNT for business. fortunately our local dude is good. diligent AF. bit of a rarity it seems.

I would be ringing TNT and tearing them a new one (civilly as possible). and make sure you get a receipt number for the conversation. email them too. If they are not even carding you, they are not following correct procedure, and if it's a regular thing, the courier/subcontractor should get his arse kicked for it. if it's happened more than once, make mention of that too.
Yeah I'm not a fan of reaming the other guy on the phone, since it has nothing to do with him. I just noted that I didn't get a card and that with the newsagent guy should red flag a few things. The thing is I also requested leave at doorstep and the person on the phone said, yes they can do that. 100% the guy didn't even bother or he would have left at door.