Chain Reaction Cycles

ANDY_2430

Likes Dirt
Ha i was wonderin if anyone knows anything about them
They impory products into australia on there website and u can get a DJ3 (2004) for about 420 Postage and handlin
aneway does anyone know anything about them or had anything imported

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
Rik said:
Imports :evil:
Everything thats not australian made is imported one way or another.

and yea lets start that whole "buy from your local shop vs buy overseas" debate again, that hasn't been done to death already...

tu plang

knob
um more like 470 by my count (not a big diff from urs) but add customs and postage and imo its not worth the hassle...
just my thoughts, on the otherhand if u are into gettin stuff ont he net im sure ud know of www.jensonusa.com, they have some good prices especially if uve got some1 who can smuggle them back (- postage,
- customs) :twisted: i cant wait
cya later
ben

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Chain reaction are one of the big mail order places over here in the uk. They have pretty good service, with normal delivery within the UK on the next day. They cut costs by buying by the container and nothing has its proper packaging. I am working in a lbs in Edinburgh and have had people bring in XTR cranks to be fitted in the jiffy bag they were posted in.

Customs etcs and the lack of after sales service cuts out most of the benefits

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
I have just ordered a Hanger for my DMR from them due to the LBS not been able to get any for quite some time.
I will keep you updated on how it goes and how quick it gets here
postage cost more then the hanger though lol

oh and just to keep it local i have orded a hanger from my LBS to as a spare when ever it gets here.

Rodger

Likes Bikes
Reliable and friggin quick!
From UK to the Netherlands within 5 days.
I ordered a couple of times, never encountered any problems.

Rik

logged out
creepyjoe said:
and yea lets start that whole "buy from your local shop vs buy overseas" debate again, that hasn't been done to death already...
Yeh yeh I know, I should shut up about it... it's just that this hit a sore spot, the other day I have a customer come in, whining about his broken fork that he bought via mailorder, wanted us to warranty it for him :roll:

msbhvn

Likes Bikes
I highly recomend them, they got the parts through quickly and replied to all emails i sent within 24hours ( a lot better than any other overseas mail order place i have use ).

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
creepyjoe said:
Yeh yeh I know, I should shut up about it... it's just that this hit a sore spot, the other day I have a customer come in, whining about his broken fork that he bought via mailorder, wanted us to warranty it for him :roll:
Dude, I don't think enough of the clan out there understand just what a pain in the a$$ this is for the Aus Retailer! After investing time, money and goodwill into a license only to go have little Johnny buy from OS to save afew quid, stinks! On top of that, Johnny then expects you to bend over and cop it royally and fix his 'warranty calim' even though he didn't invest any goodwill into your business in the first place.

Fact is the side-stepped retailer has every right to show Johnny the door, but they don't because it belittles them, the industry and gives 'X-Brand' a bad name.

tu plang

knob
Rodger said:
um im not big into OS ordering but from UK to Netherlands in five days isnt that quick?

msbhvn

Likes Bikes
tu plang said:
Rodger said:
um im not big into OS ordering but from UK to Netherlands in five days isnt that quick?
How about fromm the uk to darwin in 4 days. quicker than any national freighter i have used

Rik

logged out
sutek said:
the truth
And to top it all off, they want us to match their price, even though we offer aftermarket service and helpful advice (which is factored into the price), and online stores don't.

wombat

Lives in a hole
sutek said:
Fact is the side-stepped retailer has every right to show Johnny the door, but they don't because it belittles them, the industry and gives 'X-Brand' a bad name.

BINGO!!! The person that will go to their LBS and spend hours asking about parts with all intention of going straight home and ordering their chosen part from a mailorder joint are exactly the people who are also likely to badmouth a shop when they don't warranty said product. :x

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres ayoung guy comes into the shop every few days who's building his dream bike.
part of his dream bike was a set of maxxim carbon weave bars (not sure of the actual name ofr them, but the silver and blue ones.).
he's ordered them from a place in colorado that has a pretty good reputation for being straight with customers.
the bars got here and one end of the bar is an oval shape not round. it's out by 2+mm. completely unusable. we can't/won't waarranty them, he bought them from anouther dealer. he contacts the guy in colorado and is told "send them back, we'll see what we can do". that was 3 weeks ago. it looks like he's going to get a new set of bars, but if the bars were for his main ride, he'd have been stuffed.
worst part is, after he got them, first time, he's pretty sure he doesn't like them.
buying online can save you some money, but the hassels longterm outweigh the advantages short term.

Rodger

Likes Bikes
tu plang said:
FRIGGIN QUICK!
And I say WITHIN 5 days cuz most of the times I got
the goods after 3... 4 days.
I never had any problem with them. The germans have
some cheap online bikeshops as well but they are a tad
slower and I have heard about bikefriends (on a dutch
forum) who had encountered various problems.
The one acception: www.bike-mailorder.de