Chain Reaction shirt found on Belanglo Forrest Victim

gts057

Squid
Anyone know a woman who went missing in the last 10 years wearing a shirt from Chain Reaction? Apparently its one of the few clues they have in identifying her body found in Belanglo State Forrest! Been there less than 10 years they reckon so she isn't one of old Ivan's!

From the Hearld Sun

A WOMAN whose remains were found in the forest where serial killer Ivan Milat killed his victims may have been a German backpacker who worked in Western Australia's Margaret River region, police have revealed.
Digital Pass - $5 weekend papers

For two years, NSW Police have been trying to identify the skeletal remains of the young woman, discovered in August 2010 by trail bike riders in the Belanglo State Forest, where Milat infamously killed his victims.

"Information received by police indicates the woman may have been a backpacker or worked in a vineyard, and may have been of German or European background," a WA police spokesman said.

A forensic anthropologist has been used to reconstruct a likeness of the woman, who is said to have been aged between 13 and 25.

It is also now believed she died in the past ten years, and that the length of her hair in the image is approximately the length it may have been at the time of her death.

An image of a distinctive t-shirt which was also located at the site was again released by police.

The size 10, short-sleeve shirt - discovered within two metres of the bones - was produced by bicycle and garment company Chain Reaction. It had a distinctive motif on the front with the word "Angelic" in hot pink.

NSW detectives had hoped the item of clothing, only available for sale between 2003 to 2006, could have unlocked the mystery of her identity.

But they have now spread their appeal for information to WA.

Police have always been reluctant to link the discovery of the body with the killing spree of Milat, the former road worker who is serving seven life sentences for the murder of seven young victims during the early 1990s.

Three of his victims - Simone Schmidl, 20, Gabor Neugebauer, 21, and Anja Habschied, 20 - were German backpackers.

Milat hid the bodies in the same forest, sparking theories the remains found in 2010 were those of an eighth victim.

But forensic testing at the time indicated the remains had been there for less than 12 years, which police said ruled out the possibility that her killer was Milat.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Belangelo forest is such a nice place but the tales of that forest haunt me. I lived near there when the bodies were discovered the first time and it was pretty full on. We used to visit the forest to have picnics and "borrow" the occasional bush rock for our garden. After Milat went to jail I was lucky enough to become great friends with James Williamson (Willo, the enduro champ) who lived on the entry road to the forest. Man, he told some yarns about happenings in that forest that surely proved invaluable for the Police.
This info could be a big help to the Police as you'd imagine tracking a CRC shirt would be pretty easy to do with invoice history. Two points will add up eventually and hopefully the family of the missing girl will get some closure.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
i had to stop and take a dump at the rest area near belangalo.... literally scared the crap out of me, so i took a piece of wood from my ute with me... now i go at goulbourn.