Chainsaw Donation

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Dad and I made a new friend out on Turkey this morning. After a good chat, he admitted to having done any work on the track because he's a slack b@stard. He did however let us know that he picked up a cheap chainsaw that isn't getting used through his business (ARB, the four-wheel drive joint). He said that he's willing to donate the chainsaw to the club providing that no-one says he's a slack b@stard for not doing any work.

He said give him about a week to double check it all, but I'll probably drop in there next week and pick it up off him and bring it along to the next meeting/build day/runs day/whatever.

This is why we talk to people out on the trails folks, :p

Joy Boy

Btw, the bloke's name was Dave, riding some wicked-looking, white Avanti. Make sure you thank him if you see him out.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Good to hear Joy Boy.
Dave Archer is pretty well known amongst the local xc'ers, pretty fast too! And obviously a good bloke.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
A chainsaw is a great addition to the clubs arsenel of trail tools but just to note if we use it on council grounds we have to have the correct gear - chaps, face sheild and ear muffs. Last time council found me without these items i was told that they are willing to lend them to us but we have to use them for liability reasons. They turn a blind eye to some things but they don't like chainsaws.

Last edited: