Changing from triple to double rings

chie

Likes Dirt
I'm planning on changing from a triple Hussefelt chainring to a double with bash ring. For the bashring gonna go with an e13 supercharger.
I've done some searches and after coming up with a few combinations I think i will run something like 28/40.

Now what I need help with is what eactly do I have to change to go from triple to double. I'll be running a x7 shifter with an lx front derailler, I know I'll have to adjust that to suit.
What other parts am I going to need? Will I need different length bolts or anything?

Last edited:

Rik

logged out
You shouldn't need anything more than just the rings and bashguard. The E13 comes with its own bolts, doesn't it? If so, that'll suffice.
A few things to note though, will you be using a 40t that has shifting ramps? I don't know how readily available they are, so I hope you have luck getting one. Hopefully it won't be too big a jump from the 28 to the 40, it might take a bit of force to get moving, hence the mentioning of shifting ramps.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most people use a 28 and a 36/38 tooth ring with a bashy, not a 28 and 40 as it makes shifting up a little trickier. So I would advise removing the bigger 40 tooth ring and placing the bashy in there instead of the big ring. Easy.

chie

Likes Dirt
thanks guys
I've had a look at some online shops, your right theres bugger all 40t rings with ramps and pins. Ill go the 28,38, bashring combination I think.