charity ride.

zebrahead

Likes Dirt
im aiming to do a ride for youth suicide in the december holidays, just trying to find a group of people to give up their time to come with me. it will hopefully be from brissy to sydney or something.

zebrahead

Likes Dirt
depends on how fit i can get before, the weather and wat not. im emailing round now to find sponsors to donate and shite

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hey dude i'd love to ride with you, but i'm sure u're wanting people who are SUPER DOOPER fit and can ride like 10000km/h. i'm a fat school boy?
and regarding bikes, will we u be riding road bikes or xc bikes? will we need to carry all our shit?

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wish i could as i recently had a friend commit suicide.
Really wanna go with you but it's impossible, sorry, good luck. Try also contacting like a news station or 'a current affair' or something like that, if they run even a small stpry your exposure (and possibly cause) will be helped as a current afair and those shows will ask for donations if you ask them to.

Good Luck.

zac

Likes Dirt
sounds like a good idea to me. i'd do it but i dont think i could afford it (accomodation etc). however if you do get it together ill definitely do brissie to gold coast and a bit further or something similar around here. ill just have to get a hell of a lot fitter first)

btw, why not do it on dh/trail bikes instead of road bikes just for something a bit different?

zebrahead

Likes Dirt
ummm as for bikes im going a dh rig, to make it harder. and for all our shit i dunno, someone else will carry it.

AirDog

Likes Dirt
i'm in on my DH lol ... gonna be a fun ride ... umm how long u looking at organising ? whens it roughly going to be ? do we need to get someone to tag along in the car to supply our own food / drinks and accomodation ? or is this all going to be sorted ie pit stops donated along the way and free camping or something ? tells us more details
who is sponsoring ?
hows this going to raise the money ?
is it definete or a maby thing ?
how many days are you aiming to do it in ?
sounds fun if its well organised

zebrahead

Likes Dirt
ive contacted here for life. they are goign to "get back to me". but they should organise accomodatoin. if we get enough publicity it should be given to us, i know tahts wat normalyl happens.

zac

Likes Dirt
well if i can sort out a ride (something nice and beefy) by then i'm definitely in, on part of it at least.

btw, outcast, are you the one who was floating this idea a while back?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
give me the details and if everyone is riding it on their big beefy bikes, i'll ride it on my big beefy bike too :D

j-ro

Likes Dirt
Guys im definately in. No doubts about it. Ive wanted to do something like this for a long time but youth suicide is a very touchy subject amungst my peer group for reasons i dont wanna go into.