Chase the Sun Round 4

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think I've seen any notices about when Chase the Sun Round 4 is likely to take place. There's nothing on the Full Gas Promotions Website or any other forums that I can find. It was (with good reason) postponed to a later date, but I have no idea if it is going to take place in the future or if it is just cancelled.

It would be nice if the team at FGP (who normally do just a good job with these events) could let us know what is going on, especially those of us keen beans that entered the whole series at the start of the season.

Personally, I'd be happy for the event to be cancelled and for my entry fee to be put towards track repair and maintenance at Lysterfield. Any entrant who had a problem with this approach would really be quite selfish. I was there racing in round 3 when, in retrospect, we shouldn't have kept riding those trails (even though me and my teammate were chasing a podium) and the organisers shouldn't have let us continue to do so. Hard call to make at the time, but looking back on it now I sort of feel a little bit responsible for how badly cut up the Lysterfield trails still are after months more subsequent rain.

Anyone else prepared to go the same way?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd also like to know what the plan is.

CTS is great fun but I know that the trail has to be right before CTS4 goes ahead.

pink

Likes Bikes
I know that CTS is getting a lot of blame for the condition of the tracks, but I have to add that the week before the last round I was out at Lysterfield and it was trashed then. Many parts were unable to be ridden as they were a pure mud slop as far as the eye could see.

The worst parts I saw the week before weren't even used for CTS that round, and although I agree the race would have done damage, I think the use prior to the event contributed to many of the tracks terrible conditions.

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
Lysterfield has pretty much been shit for about a year.
Get off the fence and tell us what you really think! ;)

You're right though, I can't remember the last time I was up there and it wasn't a right mess.

EDIT: By mess, I mean the trails, not my riding.

Last edited:

Snozza

Full Gas Promotions
2010 CTS4 will be held sometime in 2011. Following the latest of our at least monthly discussions with Parks Victoria, the January date that we were looking at has been pushed back to after the 10/11 Summer fire season.
All current entries will be honoured or (as per previous communications to those concerned) they are refundable or can be used as credit towards other FGP events.

Thanks Snozza.

I was just curious to know what was going on. I also wanted you and FGP to know that I for one (and lots of other racers I've spoken to about it) wouldn't be fussed if you couldn't find a new date and had to can the event, keep the cash and spend it rehabilitating the Lysterfield trails.

Hopefully no-one asks for a refund.

And if it does go ahead some time in March, then BRING IT ON. 8 hours racing in pairs will be good training for my fist time going solo at the Forrest 6 Hour...