Cheap complete DH bikes?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Hey guys,

Just wanting to gain some ideas of what sort of cheap, complete DH bikes there are. Selling my medium V10.3 at the minute and looking at doing the whole "donor bike" thing and putting some rad ass parts on a large v10.3 or v10.4, so obviously frame is not important. Want full saint/X9/or X0, and Fox or RockShox suspension. Up to 3.5k or so plz.

So far I have seen:

- Polygon bikes (w/full saint and 40's, deemax ultimates for 4k)
- YT industries (not as good value as polygon)
- Adrenaline agent (good but still not as good as polygon, rockshox etc)

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Just wanting to gain some ideas of what sort of cheap, complete DH bikes there are. Selling my medium V10.3 at the minute and looking at doing the whole "donor bike" thing and putting some rad ass parts on a large v10.3 or v10.4, so obviously frame is not important. Want full saint/X9/or X0, and Fox or RockShox suspension. Up to 3.5k or so plz.

So far I have seen:

- Polygon bikes (w/full saint and 40's, deemax ultimates for 4k)
- YT industries (not as good value as polygon)
- Adrenaline agent (good but still not as good as polygon, rockshox etc)
Okay Okay well first of all Lama's can't ride bikes... Hmmm

Riedy

Likes Dirt
I'd say polygon mate, i mean Deemax Ultimates/40's/RC4/Full Saint for only a touch over 4k is a steal, its what im thinking of doing soon to buying it for the parts and selling the frame off.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Polygon by far. Amazing Spec for you seeing your dislike for SRAM gear.
If i were you it would be polygon easily.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the polygon I`d be checking the crank length and the chain guide size , also the year of the forks . Buying form CRC and second hand would be way cheaper than buying a donna bike . I know dee max locally are pricy and cant be shipped from CRC but 823 rims on a decent hub is as good . All the saint on the polygon will be superseded soon and cheap to buy .

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
YT won't ship to Australia, and if they did you'd be looking @ 400 euro for freight + 5% stamp duty on bike + freight, then 10% GST on (bike/freight/stamp). Quickly starts chewing at it's value.

Canyon are also another direct company, and Votec.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Google 2011 USA downhill champion, you'll find a KHS that has a remarkable resemblance to a Polygon DH. For the record I have a Polygon DH2 in the shed and it is a real Downhill bike.

Take a trip to North Manly and have a look at Polygon HQ, bicyclesonline shop, and see for yourself what the bikes are like.

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
The Polygon would be my pick but the Votec and Canyon look good too. I cannibalized a 2010 Glory 00 for my build. I would also check CRC for parts.

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
i got a norco aline pk edition , for $1800 , its still brand new .. 888rcv , full saint . prob a cheaper option for you to do your build with.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your after a votec, speak to Jason Stevens, as he has the only one (dh wise) in Australia (Correct me if wrong)