Cheap knicks

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Any recommendations on knicks? My Torpedo 7 shorts are a bit baggy and making life difficult. Personal preference or is there a "wonder brand" out there that I can get for a decent price?

G/f needs some too, gets a sore vag after a while. :p

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Failing that, shorts are also an option, provided they are MTB specific, and have a close cut (i.e. not super baggy). Will also need some padding probably.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G/f needs some too, gets a sore vag after a while. :p

Every single girl rider I've met has bitched about having a sore vag, must be a girl thing.

I read somewhere Aldi, had some knicks if you're into cheap cheap. I've bought weather proof cycling jackets from Aldi and I'd say they work better than some of the top brand ones.

As for wonder brand, you will be looking at a fairly high price for tested quality, unfortunately not much good stuff is cheap these days...

Rider_of_Fast

Likes Bikes
Friend bought from Aldi and you could see everything. Lycra is too thin and becomes semi sheer when stretched.
Im in this same boat. Dont get ALDI knicks, unless you like the transparent look. Also, their padding is some what nappy like - not really for riders of RB calibre :). But by all means buy their jerseys. $20 bloody ripper mate.

Exactly what he said. Get x2 and free shipping.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Go bib knicks. Unless you're a girl - then convenience sometimes trumps extra comfort.

Speaking of girls, your better half needs to find a new saddle. One that's flatter - but not necessarily wider. Can't guarantee the problem will go away completely, but she will definitely be able to lessen it a lot. Lots of good womens' specific models out there to choose from.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giordana Silverline bib knicks from CRC for $60. Bibs are more comfortable, taking the pressure off waist. These are cut nice and low for easy comfort stops mid race.

I had been through some other brands, some more expensive, but these are great. Don't even know you are wearing them.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Go bib knicks. Unless you're a girl - then convenience sometimes trumps extra comfort.

Speaking of girls, your better half needs to find a new saddle. One that's flatter - but not necessarily wider. Can't guarantee the problem will go away completely, but she will definitely be able to lessen it a lot. Lots of good womens' specific models out there to choose from.
I second the saddle comment, if it's seriously her vagina that's sore and not her sit bones then no knicks will help - she's on the wrong saddle or she's got the saddle at totally the wrong angle. The only place she should be getting sore is right over the two "sit bones" or ischeal tuberosities that are the bony bits of your bum that take the weight.

I could recommend some girls saddles but it's really individual so I won't - what I love might not suit her.

I also love bib knicks, and wear men's ones because they are often cheaper and have longer legs (I mean seriously, who rides in microshorts??) It's worth investing in some decent shorts, you can always try Prendas for some cheap santini ones on sale.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I have some Assos bib shorts already but they were so F'ing expensive that I don't really want to rip them up on the mtb lol.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
The only person I would recommend Aldi knicks to would be MC Hammer because I hate him, you can't touch this! :D now try to get that out of your head!

aharratt

Likes Bikes
best advice is to buy the best you can afford!
buy Bibs!
by leg warmers/kneee warmers if you ride in winter!!
and make sure you have the right fit/best saddle!! no amount of roof insulation (padding ) will fix a bum saddle!
FYI- I wear Pearl Izumi bibs and have three pairs all middle-top range, but my favs are Slice Ultrasensors etc w/ 3D chamis. They are brillaint and take a hit or two which is important. Great on long rides. In really hot weather you may want something thinner, ie PI PRO Elite.
2nd Silverllines recommendation by outtacontrol. excellent and on sale often!
can recommend demarchi also but they are near impossible to get and they never seen to be onsale.
once you find something that works for you, buy another pair mmedaitely as the models change they never seem the same.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Giordana Silverline bib knicks from CRC for $60. Bibs are more comfortable, taking the pressure off waist. These are cut nice and low for easy comfort stops mid race.
ditto....same silverline are a great budget model....next model up is better, however silverline are still great....

taibo

Eats Squid
Your assos knicks will be up to the job...can't see why they won't be, unless you plan on downhilling in them :)

barry74

Cannon Fodder
I have used knicks from Cell bikes. Cost about $20 and last me almost 12 months. Very similar to the more expensive brands. Only problem I have found is the padding comes un-stitched occasionally.