Cheap valve cores?

Rossm

Likes Bikes
I'm interested in anyone's experience of using cheap valve cores from the likes of FleaBay, compared to buying the "name brand"items.

A 10-pack from China is about $5 including shipping. This is compared to $14 from Chain Reaction, or $20 -$40 (depending on brand) from local suppliers, then add on shipping if not bundled with another purchase.

If cheaper cores are OK, it might be better to replace by using these, rather than faff around trying to clean cores once the sealant starts gunking them up.

Z

Zaf

Roll the dice, just try and remember how near homicidal you can feel when tubeless doesn't play nicely.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm interested in anyone's experience of using cheap valve cores from the likes of FleaBay, compared to buying the "name brand"items.

A 10-pack from China is about $5 including shipping. This is compared to $14 from Chain Reaction, or $20 -$40 (depending on brand) from local suppliers, then add on shipping if not bundled with another purchase.

If cheaper cores are OK, it might be better to replace by using these, rather than faff around trying to clean cores once the sealant starts gunking them up.
Do it. Just bought these exact ones from eBay and they work as advertised. Saves buying new valves. Just replace the cores with these - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/352264985689?ul_noapp=true

teK--

Eats Squid
They probably all come from the same factory in China. I buy the 12 pack of Joe's Tubeless ones for like $10 from CRC.

stevexg

Likes Bikes
I’m running some. Couldn’t tell the difference between the old ones and are functioning as they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk