cheapest DJ HT build

I would like to no the least cost of building a dj ht because im building one right now and its fairly cheap at the moment but I have to buy some stuff from the bike shops which is making a hole in my pocket.

I think there is a heap of guys out there that would like to no how cheap you can build a bike, and they will give it a try.

Let us no what you got and if you got it from the shops or a private seller.

I bought a Norco 125 frame and dj pros for $140, got some bars and stem of a mate for free until I get some more cash, I got cranks off my bmx, and a head set from the shop $75 and bb and spindle for $100 but I still need to get some more gear in the process of building

Id like to no how some people do it
Cheers

i need hydolic brakes perfer front and back, a wheelset cos i will be swaping it over from the dh bike and seat stem

xristianos

Likes Bikes
secondhand parts would be the go. mid to high end parts with minimal wear sells for quite a reasonable amount here (trading forum).

wheelset - better off buying new as you can't tell what the wheel has been through before you. dhd sells a wheelset for $329 i think and have heard good things about it (in this forum).

single speed would be the cheapest way as you don't have to buy derailleurs and shifters. it would also increase the reliability of your drivetrain.

getting a set of mech disc brakes (like the avid bb5/bb7) would also lower the cost. you don't really need hydro's for dj's.

if you need blings and want good cheap parts, save, up to $550 and order from CRC. you get free postage at that amount.

hope this helps. :)