China Carbon frames (yet another post)

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
Hey,

Sorry I know there's been a lot of discussion about these ebay China carbon frames 'on the line'. I'm thinking about getting one as a side project. This is the one I'm looking at, unless someone has a good reason to not buy it (a few people on other forums have this frame)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271245093472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyhow, the question is, does anyone know what kind of headset this takes? I see a lot of people running Cane Creek but does anyone know which (Cane Creek) model or part number would fit this frame?

Cheers

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i'm about to go with a Flyxii carbon cyclocross frame once I sell my 26" hardtail frame. (if you decide you dont want carbon, it's a great frame *wink wink*)

as far as i know, they come with a headset?

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
i'm about to go with a Flyxii carbon cyclocross frame once I sell my 26" hardtail frame. (if you decide you dont want carbon, it's a great frame *wink wink*)

as far as i know, they come with a headset?
Silly me. Thanks for clarifying, but yes, a thorough read of the description confirms that it comes with a headset.

What frame are you hoping to sell? PM if appropriate

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Silly me. Thanks for clarifying, but yes, a thorough read of the description confirms that it comes with a headset.

What frame are you hoping to sell? PM if appropriate
all good! some info is spread out between their website and ebay page, i've clarified some things and the frames usually come with the headset.

this is what i'm looking to sell... it also has a Flyxii fork, however i'm wanting to go to the full frame now as my frame wont fit over a 38T ring in the middle ring spot (understandably for a frame designed around 32-36T)

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...-700c-matte-white-hardtail-carbon-fork-Medium

That aint no genuine chinese carbon frame, the ad is completely devoid of chinglish and not one mention of happiness that will be provided.

You have been warned.

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
That aint no genuine chinese carbon frame, the ad is completely devoid of chinglish and not one mention of happiness that will be provided.

You have been warned.
I thought the chinglish was pretty good - ".. We'll do all we can do to resolve..."

So does anyone have any recommendations for a chinese carbon frame seller? Flyxii?

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought the chinglish was pretty good - ".. We'll do all we can do to resolve..."

So does anyone have any recommendations for a chinese carbon frame seller? Flyxii?
Check out mtbr and there is a mega thread or 2 on who's chinese carbon is the best. I think light bicycle gets a run as the most popular....

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Cant vouch for their frames - but I have Light-Bicycle Chinese carbon wheels on the roadie - they have been awesome and the process of buying off them was easy.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a Flyxii dually and it's really good.
I run the LB carbon rims, also good but long lead time due to the current demand for them.
The headset on mine is some generic thing that's integrated and can't be changed. I'm considering changing it to a Cane Creek Angle Set if I can work out how to get the cups out without damaging the head tube

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I've got a Flyxii dually and it's really good.
I run the LB carbon rims, also good but long lead time due to the current demand for them.
The headset on mine is some generic thing that's integrated and can't be changed. I'm considering changing it to a Cane Creek Angle Set if I can work out how to get the cups out without damaging the head tube
perhaps measure the bearings? i dare say they'll be a standard size and match another headset (probably an integrated one, so no bearing cups anyway). that way you can chuck the better quality bearings and top cap on.

Last edited: