Chinese Carbon 27.5 Hardtail (Black Betty)

TM2

Likes Bikes
Hi, my first attempt at building a bike from scratch, not quite up to the standard of a lot of bikes on here but the spec level reflects my budget and skill set (too old and scared to take on downhill runs, too cheap to spend lots on better stuff). I guess you'd call it a XC bike but a few of those bits don't quite fit that mould, really just a bike for me to hit any trail that isn't to big or steep. Been a great learning experience building this up, but probably would have been better value just buying something new by the time I was done.

Frame -Hung Fu FM016, 26"but I figured there was enough room to take the bigger wheels(bought 2nd hand from here, everything else is new).
Front shock/fork - Suntour Epicon 100mm Travel
Handlebars -Carbon EBay
Seatpost -Carbon EBay
Brakes -Shimano Deore M615 with 160mm Rotors
Cranks -Deore M615 38t-24t 170mm
Pedals -Plastic
Front derailleur -SLXM676 2 x 10
Rear derailleur -SLX M670 Shadow
Shifters -XT M780 (mounted to brakes with ispec cover)
Cassette -Deore 11t-36t
Wheelset - Nukeproof Generator 27.5
Tyres -Schwalbe Rapid Rob 27.5 x 2.25

Total weight - 11.4kg on the bathroom scales (not hard to see where to loose some weight but for now It'll stay as she is.

20131014_1730_zpsb9d4ea15.jpg
20131014_1729_zps6c923fa4.jpg
20131014_1728_zpsf73ed2c8.jpg
20131014_1727_zps74ae4baa.jpg

onwheels

Likes Bikes
Looks good! I pondered buying this frame for a while, would have ended up similar to what you've done. Interested to know how it rides! What was the end figure of $$ if you dont' mind me asking.

TM2

Likes Bikes
Looks good! I pondered buying this frame for a while, would have ended up similar to what you've done. Interested to know how it rides! What was the end figure of $$ if you dont' mind me asking.
Thanks, I reckon the pictures don't do it any favours either. All up including the frame $1600, which is a bit more than I planned, but being a first build there is lots of things I hadn't thought of. Haven't had a good ride yet, ended up dropping it into the LBS today to get the rear brake bleed, as I lost some fluid when I shortening the brake hose and thought it'd be easier to get them to do it than me stuff around with it. So I have to wait until Friday.

jingles

Cannon Fodder
Just bought some of those EPICONS.So light.Still trying to get used to them after DJ2s.Has shifted centre of gravity about 80mm back.(lighter Front wheel as well)

TM2

Likes Bikes
Just bought some of those EPICONS.So light.Still trying to get used to them after DJ2s.Has shifted centre of gravity about 80mm back.(lighter Front wheel as well)
1.6 kilos (claimed, didn't weigh them myself) and cheap compared to Fox etc, never had a bike with a 'decent' set of forks so can't compare them to other brands.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Nice one, i am thinking about building a Chinese Carbon HT up for the missus as she is thinking of getting into riding...

Zam

Likes Dirt
You trying to say I've got a girls bike?
Hahaha, not at all, but i was thinking if i build something similar for the missus and if it doesnt work out for her then i will have a second bike for myself:thumb:

I would be more than happy on the trails with that.